Opinions

Found a agency in my area wanting C2 drivers pay seems good they want 20 drops a day now as you know i’m new to the game had 3 months on a 18tonner doing UK distance driving, is 20 drops a day easy to do in your own area ? might seem a stupid question just going on my lack of experience, could be a foot in the door though ?

keebs26uk:
Found a agency in my area wanting C2 drivers pay seems good they want 20 drops a day now as you know i’m new to the game had 3 months on a 18tonner doing UK distance driving, is 20 drops a day easy to do in your own area ? might seem a stupid question just going on my lack of experience, could be a foot in the door though ?

What have you got to lose by giving it a go, if it turns out to be crap you can just walk away.

Depends on the area I suppose but I use to do about 20 drops in and around Hull in a day.

Coffeeholic:

keebs26uk:

What have you got to lose by giving it a go, if it turns out to be crap you can just walk away.

ey that is true just what i’m starting to think, times are hard these days can’t afford to be too picky, I will give them a ring in the morning :slight_smile: They state theres on going work all through 2011 wheather its true or not :confused:

sah Monday a Lad delivering 2 Pal.
Putting the Carton from the Pal in Cages,bringin it in the Warehouse and waiting till Staff has counted it in the Shelfs.
I waited 90 min for him to make delivery area free.

I would give it a go for a month because by then you would get a good feel of all the drops and what the job is going to be like. If its the same drops all the time you get to know everyone and that can sometimes make things easier and quicker.

Personally I wouldn’t come into driving these days, But if you must , then try every aspect of the job within your licence allowance, and make your mind up which job suits you.Then do it to your best ability and complain afterwards. never say you cant do a job until youv’e tried it
Multi drops are a doddle once youv’e got used to them.
When I was on the road I prefered roaming, it was less boring than say RDC work.

Twenty drops a day is easy if it’s all a couple of industrial estates and at every drop they’ve got a forklift. It’s an arse when it’s all farms or shops spread far apart and you have to get everything off with a tail lift. So it’s difficult to say.

Is it mixed pallets? Sounds like there might have to be a bit of stacking involved so make sure you strap things when they need it. What will make your day a pain is if you have stuff shift on you and mixed loads can be the worst for that (the voice of painful experience here :blush: ).

Don’t forget that the C of G shifts forward as you do drops so make sure they don’t put the heavy stuff at the front coz by then the time you get to the last few you could be over-weight on your front axle.

Definitely do it, it’s all good experience.

Don’t forget staying safe and legal is more important than lining your bosses pocket. Good luck!

Go for it as what do you have to lose :question: it will all be good experience & you never know what you here when out & about

If you dont like can always go back to drawing board & try something else at least you can say done that but you might like it

At least you wil be getting paid more than you are now

Multidrop is one job I wouldnt do…!!!
My last day with Switch was a complete ■■■■ take - first 3 drops were all 15/20 minutes from each other, not a problem then it was an hours drive to the next one then the next and the next and I had 15 drops, needless to say most of them got returned to the depot :unamused:

I’ve been doing mostly multi-drop on the agency since I got my license 2 years ago. Like people have said some days it’s easy,all local stuff with a forklift to unload then the next day it’s all shops and farms unloading with a pallet truck and tail-lift. I’d go for it because it does get easier with practise.

Phoned up today they invited me in monday at 9am sounds like they got loads of work new contracts etc, at end of day its good pay for me anyway :slight_smile: better then the dole and all the crap struggling to put food on table etc

They got a varity of work so never know might come across something I like, know theres going to be some ■■■■ but then you get ■■■■ in most jobs just got to take the rough with the smooth

Just worried they want 2 referances and one needs to be a recent employer, as some on here know the last employer skanked my wages and I have a court case against him so have too make one up ? :laughing:

Can you give them the employer before that ( as it dosent have to be in transport ) just a thought

animal:
Can you give them the employer before that ( as it dosent have to be in transport ) just a thought

The employer before that was my car spraying boss I was with 5 years his a funny guy dosn’t like giving referances out to people who have left him :unamused: There was this oe guy who was a really good sprayer did a good job was at work everyday on time, then oneday he said he had enough and that boss said if you leave don’t exspect me to ever give a referance cause I won’t and don’t do that :unamused:

keebs26uk:
Just worried they want 2 referances and one needs to be a recent employer, as some on here know the last employer skanked my wages and I have a court case against him so have too make one up ? :laughing:

You could say that you were recently working for a firm that has now gone under and you didn’t keep anybodys contact details.

Ben9:

keebs26uk:

You could say that you were recently working for a firm that has now gone under and you didn’t keep anybodys contact details.

I wouldnt do that, it has a nasty habbit of coming back to shaft you :cry:

Tell the agency the truth, be up front with them both about the last employer and the pending case.

They will take that into account.

Multi-drop’s one of those jobs, some people love it, others hate it. I’m the latter but I’ve worked places through agencies where you can see the full time guys love what they do.

Last year I went another grand in debt to get my class1 to get away from multi-drop and removals, best thing I ever did! But I’ve met people who’ve been doing both for 20yrs plus. All the best with it either way, it’s easier if you can get a regular run so you don’t have to find each “drop”.