opinions please

i currently work 5days then 6 a week with every other sunday off. I am thinking of swapping to every sunday on and every other friday off. what would people prefer would you want to have every other friday off or every other sunday

cooper1203:
i currently work 5days then 6 a week with every other sunday off. I am thinking of swapping to every sunday on and every other friday off. what would people prefer would you want to have every other friday off or every other sunday

If it works for you what does it matter what any one else thinks?

Personally the the 5-6 day alternate weeks had no appeal at all.

As said it only has a bearing on you and your life if you wish to work on certain days or of you wish to do a 6th shift every other week.

So you are the best person to judge what is better for you regardless of what people may or may not think.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

cooper1203:

Swapped to the shifts you mention about a year ago due to regular appointments with my GP regarding my diabetes checks.
Have to say it’s nice not having to deal with the friday traffic every other week, and the fact the roads tend to be a bit quieter on a sunday and it’s easier for me to park up on a sunday night (tramping)
Only drawback for me is that i’m a big motorsport fan and a lot of that occurs on a sunday so i miss some of it

End of the day it’s what suits you and your family

If your normal working hours allow time to do appointments like doctors/dentist ect… then I’d say stick with the Sunday off at least then you might be able to do something else except working as most social events are on weekends.

If you normal hours don’t give time for the normal 9-5 appointments then consider having the Friday off instead.

I get the feeling that your pretty young still then you might not have that many things like doctors appointments to worry about but believe me when you get to your 40’s it’s normal.

drover:
If your normal working hours allow time to do appointments like doctors/dentist ect… then I’d say stick with the Sunday off at least then you might be able to do something else except working as most social events are on weekends.

If you normal hours don’t give time for the normal 9-5 appointments then consider having the Friday off instead.

I get the feeling that your pretty young still then you might not have that many things like doctors appointments to worry about but believe me when you get to your 40’s it’s normal.

im 44 and luckely dont have to visit the doc regualy just lucky i guess. however i am going to have some comitments ie builders etc and end up haveing to take time off to deal with them. hence the thought of having every other friday off admitedly my car shows tend to be on a sunday but they are pretty much over now.

i just wondered if people had found not having a sunday off interfeered with thier soclal lives or seeing friends

cooper1203:

drover:

im 44 and luckely dont have to visit the doc regualy just lucky i guess. however i am going to have some comitments ie builders etc and end up haveing to take time off to deal with them. hence the thought of having every other friday off admitedly my car shows tend to be on a sunday but they are pretty much over now.

i just wondered if people had found not having a sunday off interfeered with thier soclal lives or seeing friends

If you have a social life and friends then it will…me personally??..i don’t like people generally so have no friends and don’t go out unless i have to :smiley: