Weekly pay ( 60 hours ) = £472.50 Gross
Overtime rate ( per hour ) = £12.30
Meal allowance ( Per Day Worked ) = £5.00 * Tax Free
Night Out allowance ( Per N-Out) = £22.00 * Tax Free
Attendance Bonus = £78.55 Per Month if qualified
Holidays = 20 Days per year + 8 Statutory Days
5 Year continuous service bonus of 2% pay increase + 1 extra days Holiday

Duties:

Nationwide Class 2 Driver 10 - 12 stops per day, nights out can be offered each week
Mon-Fri day work with Saturday optional OT

under 8 quid an hour, time and a half after 60 hours

not the best

HOP 2 IT:
What do you think of this?

Duties:

Nationwide Class 2 Driver 10 - 12 stops per day, nights out can be offered each week

• What area are you living in?
  • R u a new driver?
  • Are you planning on doing your Class 1 and do they put you after gaining that in one of their Artics i.e more money??
  • Is this Class 2 Multidrop with Tramping?? Just asking because you mention Night Outs above.
  • Do they deduct brakes?
  • Does Saturday mean you get paid £12.30 per hour or is there a higher rate for Saturdays?

But calculating it, it’s just above Minium Wage and I don’t know if you’re willing to take all the stress for it.
You need to work long days and every 2nd Saturday to make a “living”.

By reading it and not knowing the answers to my questions the job advert/offer sounds like slavery…
Sorry but I for myself don’t believe it’s only 10-12 drops, it will be more. Also whats about collections??

Stuff that job and tell us the area where you live. People on here will give you some ideas who is looking/going rates/good outfits and the outfits to avoid etc.

Maybe you want to work for a Tipper company or Skip-Hire work.
Builder Merchants.

Some Class 2 drivers earn more than some Class 1 drivers because Class 2 means normally hard graft.
Anyway wages depend also on the area but the rate you got offered is…sh…t IMO.

your fresh meat,and agency fodder.
if this is a real job then jump at it for the experience and have the option of not doing agency work.
dont worry about anyone elses wages whether they are accurate or figments of their imagination.
if you are happy enough doing the work and you can live off of the wages then get on with it,and if the novelty wears off,jack it in and if you cant find a proper job,your no worse off than you are now going back to the agency.
its not an overly well paid job,but it might be a doddle and suit you fine?

If you are genuinely in the west midlands and are even considering that pitiful offer of a salary - then you need to have your head looked at.

I got offered a job recently for a builders merchant. 7-4 5 days a week. Every other saturday 8-12. Full training if you havn’t used a hiab. Salary £29k/year. I’m not interested in a full time job - and consider that salary low for this area. If you want the details PM me and I’ll give you the name of the company to contact. Home each night.

What’s more - you are in just about the best area in the country for getting work. I wouldn’t listen to dieseldog - I think he has failed agency assessments and now holds a grudge. I’d be more than happy to meet up with you and buy you a beer and pass on my local knowledge of class 2 work. I now only do class 1 but that was only in the last month or two.

There is shed loads of work around where the hourly rate pays as much if not more than the overtime rate for that job. You might not have your own truck - and you might not be a general haulage superstar. But you deserve more than living on slave rates.

^^^^ I agree (binkin’ 'eck Sammy, what’s going on?)

Try Buildbase, Jewsons, or any of the St. Gobain group. It’s hard work but you do get looked after, trained etc and you can move on when you’ve had enough.

The benefits are you get loads of experience judging housing estates and roads for lorry access as well as squeezing them down the sides of houses, and HIAB training thrown in.

Yes I know Jewsons are part of Saint-Gobain :smiley:

Sammy didn’t you annoy people by bragging about how much you make while being annoyingly vague? You keep coming back to the topic… :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

I work for CO-OP 2-4 drops a day and home every night 38k a year before overtime.
I have to work on a rota and I don’t get my own truck but if frilly curtains and a blinged out volvo/scania don’t interest you then supermarkets are the way to go. I know Tesco offer similar if you put the hours in not to sure about the other big names though.

adam277:
Sammy didn’t you annoy people by bragging about how much you make while being annoyingly vague? You keep coming back to the topic… :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

I work for CO-OP 2-4 drops a day and home every night 38k a year before overtime.
I have to work on a rota and I don’t get my own truck but if frilly curtains and a blinged out volvo/scania don’t interest you then supermarkets are the way to go. I know Tesco offer similar if you put the hours in not to sure about the other big names though.

I couldn’t care less if me inspiring new passes and my fans with the truth upsets the underclass of trucknet.

Co op is a firm is certainly look at if I were interested in a full time job. Is that in Andover? If so xpo or direct with them? Tbh I don’t fancy my chances of getting into some of the places you guys do in an urban artic. Tight doesn’t begin to cover it.

It’s appalling.

£7.87 per hour :open_mouth:
For multidrop. :open_mouth:
60 hour contract :open_mouth:
1 extra holiday on top of the bare minimum after 5 years service :unamused:

I tell you, with world beating pay & benefits like this it’s a wonder so many employers are lamenting a driver shortage.

And don’t forget that you will be paying at least £80 tax and NI out of that.

adam277:

Co-Op in Northampton is operated by Wincanton…Sainsburys detto…with similar pay as mentioned…

Did’nt know CO-OP where in Northampton…thought was Huntingdon…not too bad a Job I hear where are they in Northampton? is it agency?

HOP 2 IT:
What do you think of this?

Duties:

How can you ever get that overtime rate, if you’ve already maxed out on a 60 hour week, that you cannot even do for consecutive weeks?

It’s totaly crap and rubbish in any case.

OLDSALVO:
Did’nt know CO-OP where in Northampton…thought was Huntingdon…not too bad a Job I hear where are they in Northampton? is it agency?

They were in Moulton Park last time i drove by :slight_smile:
Dont know who recruits for them…im at Sainsburys contract in Pineham and fed up of crap trucks we are getting…Sainsburyss junk yard…

Is this PDS by any chance?