Opinions on application for prov cat c

Hello I’m Chris, I’m new to this forum and iv been glued to this forum for well over a week now :slight_smile: much to my partners disappointment as I spend more time on here then on her :laughing:

Now my question is, I have had my medical done and sent off for my provisional, but I do have one problem I’m concerned about, my license is a scoreboard I have 12 points through speeding due to previous job, now since I have gave my head a big wobble and a whole different attitude to driving, ( I’m a lot more patient and more slower now) i can’t help thinking is this going to get in the way of been able to get the provisional entitlement??

P.sI was doing license while points come off, and I may have fell on my feet once I got class c I may “quoting” MAY Have a job even with my points, if say I was very lucky given the circumstances,

Many thanks Chris

Be aware that most companies will conduct a DBS (formerly CRB) check, and that speeding offences will show up on it, even though they are spent on your licence.

You might be able to say “Boys will be boys” (or men will be men? (women? I don’t know)), but they might say “No.”

I see jobs advertised everyday “max 6 points” “no Drink Driving, Drug Related, or Insurance convictions” so not looking good, but you never know, i have no idea whether you will be refused “C” provisional though, upto Traffic Commisioner i would imagine.
Might be a long time till you can prove yourself, and get accepted into driving career, how old are you now ?

I’m 23, got 2 33’s in a 30 and 80 in a 5 ( thought it was still a motorway and even the magistrates agreed with my reasoning etc so that’s a big 1, 3 come on 3/3/5 then 3 on 10/1/16 then 6 off 6/2016) these new cars you don’t even know how fast your going in well built cars

Anyways I’m lucky enough to have been offered a job once I got cat c given my circumstances, just hope that if the “tc” have any concerns they call me in so I can explain iv been a tool And I’ve done a lot of growing up and now I’m trying to provide for a mrs’s and 2 children :slight_smile:

23 with 12 points. That’s an insurance companies ■■■■■■■■■.

Routy22:
I’m 23, got 2 33’s in a 30 and 80 in a 5 ( thought it was still a motorway and even the magistrates agreed with my reasoning etc so that’s a big 1, 3 come on 3/3/5 then 3 on 10/1/16 then 6 off 6/2016) these new cars you don’t even know how fast your going in well built cars

Anyways I’m lucky enough to have been offered a job once I got cat c given my circumstances, just hope that if the “tc” have any concerns they call me in so I can explain iv been a tool And I’ve done a lot of growing up and now I’m trying to provide for a mrs’s and 2 children :slight_smile:

I hope so with excuses like that!

I would obviously choose me words more wisely upon request of an interview, I don’t mean because theses cars are new it’s an excuse to speed! It isn’t at all! It was just been complacent in driving for a living it’s second nature and a lapse of concentration alowed me to tip over the speed by 5mph, and reading the road wrong cost me the big one! I deeply regret my actions and I have learned from my mistakes by having a completley different attitude to driving. I just hope they at least give me a chance to explain my actions etc, I’m sure there will be people out there with more serious convictions allowed a provisional right?

Routy22:
, my license is a scoreboard I have 12 points through speeding due to previous job,

Just curious, not at all judgmental, but how come you’re not banned under topping up?

The magistrates let me keep my license as I need license for work, and to provide for my daughter and son, and its not something I’m proud of, I try cover up by using dry sense of humour

Ok thanks, good luck whatever happens.

Well, I’ve not read of a case (on here) where a provisional is refused without tea and biscuits with the TC first. I don’t know if that ever happens. A bloke I trained with had 9 points and still got a provisional, so maybe there is hope!
At end of day you can’t do anything except try. The 2 x 33 in 30 zone are hardly crimes of the century after all. Best of luck.

Yea the 2 33’s was just silly! The 80 was at the link road between m62 and a1 ( a 50mph dual carriageway) the copper said if I was doing 70 he would of let me go, (basically he was a big hitter after people’s license) even at the magistrates after pleading that I read it as if I was on my motorcycle, reading it as dual carriageway, looking at white lines for tell tail signs of danger etc sharp bends, other cars may do without indication, ( I am a motorcyclist) and also pleading hardmanship dressed in suit and tie!! The judge and prosecutor even stuck up for me going in the back to the judge and giving some vital information in my behalf as I was a bag of nerves! I’m not a stupid and dangerous driver I am always thinking what if, this what if that, I just hope that I do get a chance to explain to the TC.

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Well I can’t believe it, I have received my license back and it’s got all my provisionals on without any question of my 12 points! Happy days!!!

Now comes the hard part, convincing an employer to take you on. Not to say that its impossible but it will be hard.

Surprisingly, I already have a job offer, cement mixer driver, just got to pass test, I am really lucky I suppose as a lot are struggling

Routy22:
Surprisingly, I already have a job offer, cement mixer driver, just got to pass test, I am really lucky I suppose as a lot are struggling

Might as well buy a lottery ticket too if you are that lucky! :laughing:

I’d be interested to know the job you have been offered. And you will need to make sure the job is rock solid before you spend a few grand getting your licences. Because every company I’ve seen won’t go near you with 12 points.

Hope it works out whatever you choose…

Well either way, 12 points don’t last forever, 6 come off within a year :slight_smile: