Opinion required

I was involved in a minor scrape, In Belgium this week, and would like opinions on what occurred.
While driving into Veurne, I was alleged to have knocked the mirror back off a parked truck, whilst turning into a parking space. The area of impact was on the o/s rear of the trailer, the strap of the roof. I was turning to the left. Now as I drive a bulker, the tail swing is negligable.
Now, the belgium driver of the truck ( a local firm) rang the police before talking to me. The incident happenned on private land and I made no attempt to run. I was with another Pink colleague who needed to stop. Now on inspection of the said mirror, I didnt break the glass - even move the mirror. As it was the wide angle mirror - I didnt even move the main mirror. Now I offered to trip down to the volvo dealer down the road to purchase a back. Not even entertained. The police turned up and its now gone through the international accident forms - which means through insurance companies. They conducted the whole of the process in Belgian or Dutch, with a bit of translation at times.
Now I feel that there is a little bit of a strange feeling about this. I would not of expected the police to be called for such a minor incident - least before both parties had communicated.
Am I wrong?

I hope you took photos I can’t help but feel your just about to get done over here for alot more then you’ve actually done!.

I hope you took pictures of the damage, if you did don’t worry about it, as long as you have all there details, and the damage that was done which was very little. The other driver was just trying to cover himself.

Karl86:
I hope you took photos I can’t help but feel your just about to get done over here for alot more then you’ve actually done!.

+1

:

Karl86:

+1

What the hell is this +1. O I can’t talk or type, or I’m a bit thick, or I don’t know how to spell, or that’s my mate, or maybe that’s the way you talk. If so please forgive me I am new to this site it’s not in the rule book that I have seen. I think I live in the UK but am having second’s thoughts after seeing this crap. It’s like sitting in a pub with someone you know but are not fond off, and all he does is grunt to every question or reply he gives.

Ok I’ll bite, +1 just means they agree with what’s been quoted by another member.

nightline:

:

Karl86:

+1

What the hell is this +1. O I can’t talk or type, or I’m a bit thick, or I don’t know how to spell, or that’s my mate, or maybe that’s the way you talk. If so please forgive me I am new to this site it’s not in the rule book that I have seen. I think I live in the UK but am having second’s thoughts after seeing this crap. It’s like sitting in a pub with someone you know but are not fond off, and all he does is grunt to every question or reply he gives.

Honestly mate, you come across AS the guy in the pub that nobody is fond of :unamused:

+1 is the same as saying I agree 100% with what was said above, it’s a show of support and it’s completely pointless rewriting exactly the same - it’d just look like a duplicate post.

Now, take your half of mild back to your corner :smiling_imp:

waynedl:

nightline:

:

Karl86:

+1

Honestly mate, you come across AS the guy in the pub that nobody is fond of :unamused:

+1 is the same as saying I agree 100% with what was said above, it’s a show of support and it’s completely pointless rewriting exactly the same - it’d just look like a duplicate post.

+1 :slight_smile:

waynedl:

+1

+2. Now that`s really confused the poor man. :smiley:

dowahdiddyman:

I’ll have some of this too, +3 :exclamation:

lightning:
Now I feel that there is a little bit of a strange feeling about this. I would not of expected the police to be called for such a minor incident - least before both parties had communicated.
Am I wrong?

To be fair, how does he know you’re going to come back from the dealership? If I was in a bump with a foreign vehicle I’d want plod on site.

nightline:

:

Karl86:

+1

SHUT UP

:

dowahdiddyman:

I’ll have some of this too, +3 :exclamation:

÷4 5 and 6

Oh no !!! So do Brits have accidents while abroad. I thought that it is only foreigners in The UK that make them according to Anti Flip Flop movement :smiley:

You should be prepared for these types.
“It wasn’t me that hit his mirror, but i saw what happened.”

Troll? Idiot? Fool? I give up

• whatever

lightning:
I was involved in a minor scrape, In Belgium this week, and would like opinions on what occurred.
While driving into Veurne, I was alleged to have knocked the mirror back off a parked truck, whilst turning into a parking space. The area of impact was on the o/s rear of the trailer, the strap of the roof. I was turning to the left. Now as I drive a bulker, the tail swing is negligable.
Now, the belgium driver of the truck ( a local firm) rang the police before talking to me. The incident happenned on private land and I made no attempt to run. I was with another Pink colleague who needed to stop. Now on inspection of the said mirror, I didnt break the glass - even move the mirror. As it was the wide angle mirror - I didnt even move the main mirror. Now I offered to trip down to the volvo dealer down the road to purchase a back. Not even entertained. The police turned up and its now gone through the international accident forms - which means through insurance companies. They conducted the whole of the process in Belgian or Dutch, with a bit of translation at times.
Am I wrong?

It’s normal for him to call the police as Belgian Insurance Insists on this, but I would’ve at least spoken to you first.

Jesus wept for a mirror back? The moment I clocked you were a decent bloke, I’d just wave you on. If you were being a ■■■■ then maybe I’d escalate, maybe.

■■■■ people about big time!

waynedl:

nightline:

:

Karl86:

+1

+1 as well!