Opinion on mercedes actros 2554?

6x2 but not a propper 6x2 it has the stupid small tag wheels

just out of curiosity the merc in question isnt red and start with wx56 does it?

chrishalfpenny:
just out of curiosity the merc in question isnt red and start with wx56 does it?

No ive just bought one …a Blue actros evolution 2554 on an 06

thmb_admin-1309972344-1.jpg

Very nice!

Volvo_Kid:

chrishalfpenny:

Can you tell me the spec and approx price please :question:
PM if you prefer. :wink:

Big Truck:

Volvo_Kid:

chrishalfpenny:

Looks very smart. :sunglasses:
Can you tell me the spec and approx price please :question:
PM if you prefer. :wink:

Lovely looking motor that is.

Having driven Mercs quite a lot since the mid 90’s I guess I’m a bit biased.

I think you will be very pleased with that motor, they are a strong well built truck.

Let us know how she goes with MPG.

You seem to accept (sensibly) that a V8 on low loader work is never going to be as good on fuel as a 6 potter on a deep pinned fridge/box/taut on distance.

Edit: PS. Can we have some interior pics please?

Mentioned it slightly on ex-pats forum but was driving an Actros MP2 2446 LD yesterday for the first time and was quite impressed. :sunglasses:
Just under 490k on it and solid as a rock with no squeaks or trim hanging off,great exhaust brake AND service brakes, comfortable to drive, good power from engine but the old Telligent box is not a patch on the powershift one that are in the Axors I usually have. :neutral_face:

What is the difference between the “Telligent” and “Autotrans” Merc boxes or are they one and the same :question:

They’re a nice truck, just need to watch the calipers have’nt siezed (applies to any Merc/Haldex disc calipers), mines just done 700k with only the brake problem marring its copy book so far.

Big Truck:
What is the difference between the “Telligent” and “Autotrans” Merc boxes or are they one and the same :question:

Telligent is the 16 speed paddleshift with a clutch.
Autotrans is the same gearbox, but no clutch pedal and was fitted to MP1, and early MP2’s, the MP2 version was updated to be faster, with a smoother auto clutch, and more importantly the electronics were actually reliable.
Powershift is the next generation complete new design auto fitted to later MP2’s, usually a 12 speed and has no syncro gears, using electronics to detect when the gears have sycronised for an even faster change, and is far lighter.

Driveroneuk:
Edit: PS. Can we have some interior pics please?

pics as requested :smiley:

e.jpg

c.jpg

Very nice. :grimacing:

Big Joe:
They’re a nice truck, just need to watch the calipers have’nt siezed (applies to any Merc/Haldex disc calipers), mines just done 700k with only the brake problem marring its copy book so far.

Big Truck:

Telligent is the 16 speed paddleshift with a clutch.
Autotrans is the same gearbox, but no clutch pedal and was fitted to MP1, and early MP2’s, the MP2 version was updated to be faster, with a smoother auto clutch, and more importantly the electronics were actually reliable.
Powershift is the next generation complete new design auto fitted to later MP2’s, usually a 12 speed and has no syncro gears, using electronics to detect when the gears have sycronised for an even faster change, and is far lighter.

Thanks Joe,
it was actually an Autotrans box I was driving then in the MP2 Actros. :blush:

I recognise that yard :wink:

I thought you may do Joe :wink:
hows it going buddy ? you back on the road yet ?

could do with asking you something but i will pm you :wink: