Operators licence help please

Firstly I am applying for an operators licence very shortly,

I have the money available to show good financial standing for one vehicle, do I have to have the money available to show if I want to buy a second truck which will not be for A few months. Will I get 2 spaces on my licence if I only have one truck now , or do I have to show 8000 plus additional vehicle money now even though I havnt bought second truck yet

Hallidaytransport:
Firstly I am applying for an operators licence very shortly,

I have the money available to show good financial standing for one vehicle, do I have to have the money available to show if I want to buy a second truck which will not be for A few months. Will I get 2 spaces on my licence if I only have one truck now , or do I have to show 8000 plus additional vehicle money now even though I havnt bought second truck yet

Didn’t you like the replies you got on the Owner/Operator forum?

yea, I was wondering do I have to show the money for the additional truck when Completing application even though I don’t intend to buy another truck until 2-3 months after licence is issued , and if I apply for one vehicle now does that mean my licence is maxed out at 1 vehicle

Try phoning DVLA/DVSA/VOSA/local traffic office. I always found them helpful and quite knowledgeable in this field.

Do your Manager’s CPC or read the answers in your other posting.

I answered all the questions and then saw Franglais’ response. Why ask the same stuff twice?

You have to show funds available for the number of vehicles you are applying for in your application. You don’t have to show funds for trailers so it’s best to apply for as many trailers as you have parking spaces for.

good_friend:
Why ask the same stuff twice?

There is an echo virus knocking about :smiley:

Harry Monk:
You have to show funds available for the number of vehicles you are applying for in your application. You don’t have to show funds for trailers so it’s best to apply for as many trailers as you have parking spaces for.

The 8000 has to be shown for 28 days is this the same with a credit card for 4450 if I want to add another vehicle or can I apply for 2nd vehicle straight away once I get credit card or do i have to wait 28 days with credit card to?

you have to show it for 3 months i do believe, you are in over your head, give up.

Hallidaytransport:

Harry Monk:

The 8000 has to be shown for 28 days is this the same with a credit card for 4450 if I want to add another vehicle or can I apply for 2nd vehicle straight away once I get credit card or do i have to wait 28 days with credit card to?

Ask your CPC holder you intend to support your O licence or do the CPC yourself. All the answers should be known by a CPC holder. (And no, I don’t mean DCPC we all have to do.)

I think the lights are on but there’s nobody home

We all seem to be saying the same stuff but it doesn’t seem to be going in