Operator using adblue emulator gets O licence cut

Gwynedd - based GEWS have had a temporary cut in their licence after being caught with adblue emulators. Looks like the TC’s are following through on their threats.

Random vehicle stopped at roadside in August found to have cheat device.
Visit by examiners is November found 20 vehicles with cheat devices.

Is it me, or does that come under the heading taking the ■■■■?

Shame the staff have to suffer for the operators greed

Full audit of tachographs and drivers hours as well to be done in the next 3 months. We’ve not heard the last of this.

blue estate:
Shame the staff have to suffer for the operators greed

Odd comment to be honest…

If the staff weren’t putting in Adblu they were compliant with what was going on.

Denied any deliberate wrongdoing? what happened to 'fessing up to blatant lawbreaking? Always the same, trying to bluff a way out when caught bang to rights, then the mealy mouthed apology and charity donation when the game is finally up.
They should consider themselves fortunate their Operators Licence was not withdrawn in full.
And let’s not hear about how troublesome Ad-Blue emission control systems are, that’s an issue for the manufacturers and their dealer network, the law is the law simple as that, all operators must comply otherwise you end up with some corrupt mafia state
This crew even have the barefaced p*** take of using the word Enviromental included in their company name, like the really care or something!
Top marks to the authorities and the TC for pursuing these gangsters

bigdave789:
Denied any deliberate wrongdoing? what happened to 'fessing up to blatant lawbreaking? Always the same, trying to bluff a way out when caught bang to rights, then the mealy mouthed apology and charity donation when the game is finally up.
They should consider themselves fortunate their Operators Licence was not withdrawn in full.
And let’s not hear about how troublesome Ad-Blue emission control systems are, that’s an issue for the manufacturers and their dealer network, the law is the law simple as that, all operators must comply otherwise you end up with some corrupt mafia state
This crew even have the barefaced p*** take of using the word Enviromental included in their company name, like the really care or something!

Google the company name and or Gwynedd Skip hire and see what that comes up with!

Juddian:

Or failing to put ■■■■ (urea) in !

Apologies, mate…

And look also at this:
“Last August a prohibition notice was issued against one of the company’s vehicles for having an AdBlue emulator, an emissions cheat device, fitted.
An unannounced visit to the company was made by DVSA Vehicle Examiner, Phillip Bramham in November and he found 20 vehicles still operating with AdBlue cheat devices.”

Nicked in August, but vehicles still had illegal devices fitted months later! Leaves even a gasbag like me speechless!

pete smith:

bigdave789:

Google the company name and or Gwynedd Skip hire and see what that comes up with!

You referring to this?
dailypost.co.uk/news/north- … it-2637160

Juddian:

If I was the operator I would have removed the others straight away assuming they would visit or start pulling other trucks over in the following weeks or months.

mrginge:

Juddian:

If I was the operator I would have removed the others straight away assuming they would visit or start pulling other trucks over in the following weeks or months.

As would anyone with an ounce of savvy.

Franglais:

pete smith:

bigdave789:

You referring to this?

Taking the itinerant caravan dweller lifestyle to the next level – on an industrial scale!

You would have thought once Eric Nicholson was caught out, others would have taken the hint. Even Cockermouth was in the main news!

Franglais:

pete smith:

bigdave789:

You referring to this?

Got to chuckle at this :

At Bryn Farm, Caernarfon, it was alleged O’Grady persuaded a local farmer to spread waste paper and wood to improve the soil on his farm. However what arrived was up to 70 tonnes of treated and untreated wood, plastic, rubber and paper which were spread over an area of up to 16 acres.”

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :unamused:

"After the hearing today, A spokesman from Environment Agency Wales said: “We want to send a clear message to criminals that we will not only prosecute them for environmental offences but also pursue them for benefits derived from their illegal activities. This should serve as a deterrent to those intent on breaking the law and hoping to profit from their crime.

“This is important not only for the sake of the environment and people’s health, but also for the wider waste industry. It’s important that businesses that work within the law are not disadvantaged by illegal operators.

“We will continue to regulate this industry to ensure a level playing field for all businesses in the waste sector.”

<><><><>

Righto chap. Made an estimated £8m+ from POC but only has to “pay back” £214k. Definitely a big deterrent. /s

In fact, does anyone have their number? I wonder if he’d be interested in a business partner for 50% of the business? Going halves on £7.75m when the only downside is spending a few days in court pulling “I’m really sorry” faces seems like a damned good deal to me. :bulb: Where do I sign up?

Mathematical locksmiths on an industrial scale.

Rob K:

Franglais:

pete smith:

bigdave789:

You referring to this?

Got to chuckle at this :

At Bryn Farm, Caernarfon, it was alleged O’Grady persuaded a local farmer to spread waste paper and wood to improve the soil on his farm. However what arrived was up to 70 tonnes of treated and untreated wood, plastic, rubber and paper which were spread over an area of up to 16 acres.”

"After the hearing today, A spokesman from Environment Agency Wales said: “We want to send a clear message to criminals that we will not only prosecute them for environmental offences but also pursue them for benefits derived from their illegal activities. This should serve as a deterrent to those intent on breaking the law and hoping to profit from their crime.

“This is important not only for the sake of the environment and people’s health, but also for the wider waste industry. It’s important that businesses that work within the law are not disadvantaged by illegal operators.

“We will continue to regulate this industry to ensure a level playing field for all businesses in the waste sector.”

<><><><>

Righto chap. Made an estimated £8m+ from POC but only has to “pay back” £214k. Definitely a big deterrent. /s

In fact, does anyone have their number? I wonder if he’d be interested in a business partner for 50% of the business? Going halves on £7.75m when the only downside is spending a few days in court pulling “I’m really sorry” faces seems like a damned good deal to me. :bulb: Where do I sign up?

Mathematical locksmiths on an industrial scale.

One also wonders about the “farmer” who ploughed 70 tons of “plastic manure” into the soil before he realized he was a “victim”…
Since plastic resists degradation, is this a form of “sustainable management”?

Franglais:
it was alleged O’Grady persuaded a local farmer to spread waste paper and wood to improve the soil on his farm.[/b] However what arrived was up to 70 tonnes of treated and untreated wood, plastic, rubber and paper which were spread over an area of up to 16 acres."

One also wonders about the “farmer” who ploughed 70 tons of “plastic manure” into the soil before he realized he was a “victim”…

Perhaps the farmer was called Brian Aldridge :wink: seems the producer of the Archers has used this court case as the basis for the main storyline of the programme at the moment, maybe Mr O’Grady will be getting some royalties to help pay his fine

Mazzer2:

Franglais:
it was alleged O’Grady persuaded a local farmer to spread waste paper and wood to improve the soil on his farm.[/b] However what arrived was up to 70 tonnes of treated and untreated wood, plastic, rubber and paper which were spread over an area of up to 16 acres."

Perhaps the farmer was called Brian Aldridge :wink: seems the producer of the Archers has used this court case as the basis for the main storyline of the programme at the moment, maybe Mr O’Grady will be getting some royalties to help pay his fine

:smiley: Excellent.
I tried avoiding “The Archers” several years ago, but the frequent trailers do mean I know what you`re talking about !