Operation Blackwater

Has been launched my Lincolnshire police as part of the Christmas drink drive campaign :exclamation:

My question is has anybody every been pulled in for one of these routine stop checks while driving their truck :question: :question: Or do the police understand the phrase professional driver :question: . wouldnt bother me one bit if i got pulled as only ever drink if it’s a saturday night and im on a rest day on the sunday which dont happen very often so i get to drink once ever 6 weeks on my cont shift :exclamation: :frowning:

But playing the devils advocate do they take the approach if a person thinks’ they are sober enough to drive their car then what’s stopping them from potentially driving to work and getting in their truck :exclamation: :open_mouth: :question:

Does your work place have a breathalyzer :question:

Our place does and the amount of red tape and procedures that have to be followed from HR when one is undertaken (either voluntarily by the person or requested by work) runs onto 2 pages with different course of action followed depending on the outcome of the first test, e.g. if person fails first breath test they are to wait in canteen for 30 minutes then take another one…

far as i am aware it has yet to be used which is re-assuring.

Cruise Control:
Or do the police understand the phrase professional driver

Some “drivers” don’t understand the phrase “Professional Driver” :confused:

Cruise Control:
But playing the devils advocate do they take the approach if a person thinks’ they are sober enough to drive their car then what’s stopping them from potentially driving to work and getting in their truck

There must be LOTS of drivers (pro or not) who have a skinfull and then get behind the wheel a few hours later thinking they are “fit” to drive :unamused:.

That is evident when the results of the “Xmas random routine stop drink drive campaign” are published.

There has even been cases of airline pilots turning up for work under the influence :exclamation:

Do you guys not get random drug and alcohol tests when you sign on in the office?

I’ve been breathalysed in work and on my way into work and whilst i was driving a truck. I think my red nose and none to clever driving makes me a cert to be checked :smiley: