operating centre

Last week at the yard the owners of the yard picked my car up with a forklift to move it with out even a phone call to me they have caused some damage to the underneath of it not major but i need to change operating centre quickly, but on the business link website it says 9 weeks and a major change to my op licence is there anyway i could change it quicker because i dont trust them any more and dont want to leave my truck in there

You could apply for an Interim Licence.

sheep1:
Last week at the yard the owners of the yard picked my car up with a forklift to move it with out even a phone call to me they have caused some damage to the underneath of it not major but i need to change operating centre quickly, but on the business link website it says 9 weeks and a major change to my op licence is there anyway i could change it quicker because i dont trust them any more and dont want to leave my truck in there

Did you park it in the way? If not they should pay for any damage or give you free parking for a few months while you get sorted

Even if it was in the way, it seems to be taking the ■■■■ to just lift it on the forks of a fork lift truck without taking the 15 seconds it would take to place some blocks of wood between the forks and the underside of the car so that the forks didn’t damage the exhaust system, I bet that if they had a job which started by loading a roadworthy car onto a flatbed trailer they would have done that without damaging the car.

No parked it were I always park, when I got back there was a container next to it which they had moved there, I reversed back and heard a scraping noise looked under it and some steel hanging down, when I got home had a proper look and I could see the fork mark, then seeing some 1 from yard if they had seen them move my car, yes he replied with a forklift.

Do you have to pay vosa to change yards

sheep1:
Do you have to pay vosa to change yards

Oh yea, it will be the whole shebang, from the newspaper advert onwards, probably be around the £800 mark in all.

that’s criminal damage.
and with the new laws regarding clamping/towing, and that sort of thing, they have probably broken another law.

Adverts 150 and i have seen 264 for major change to licence some where
Like another op in yard said you wont win in here so no chance of anything off them just need to move asap

I’m with limeyphil on this, criminal damage.

Once you’ve got a new place sorted I would send them the bill and if they don’t pay issue small claims proceedings through the county court. If you’ve got a mate with a garage who can do you a dummy inflated invoice for the work do that too. If they’re properly dodgy though and might come and do something pathetic ■■■ for tat then just move on bear in mind your new operating centre will be public access on the web if they wanted to damage your truck in revenge or something.

I would keep the operating centre you’ve got running and move the truck to the new place immediately and put in the major variation application in for the new place. In all honesty trucks spend a lot of their time not at their named operating centre and if it’s not parked somewhere anyone will complain it will be ok but you’ve got the existing to fall back on if there is an issue.

This sort of thing makes me angry as hell. If someone did this to my car they’d be getting up off the floor with 2 less teeth. Anyway job 1 would be to dial the non-emergency number for the Police (normally 101 but depends on which part of the country you’re in) and state that you’d like to report a criminal damage. Get the idiot nicked and 3 hours locked up down the local nick may do him some good.

Guybrush:
This sort of thing makes me angry as hell. If someone did this to my car they’d be getting up off the floor with 2 less teeth. Anyway job 1 would be to dial the non-emergency number for the Police (normally 101 but depends on which part of the country you’re in) and state that you’d like to report a criminal damage. Get the idiot nicked and 3 hours locked up down the local nick may do him some good.

Yeh then you come into work on Monday and your truck has 2 mysterious broken headlights and a flat tyre

I’d just park the truck somewhere else where it’s not going to be complained about at a proper yard and then apply for the licence. There is a risk of being rumbled but only if someone puts their oar in. Wouldn’t bother making a commotion at your current yard until the new op centre is live. He has your nuts in his hand, and if you fall out with him you could lose your op centre which effectively is your ticket to ride.

chaversdad:

Guybrush:

Yeh then you come into work on Monday and your truck has 2 mysterious broken headlights and a flat tyre

If that’s the case then repeat step 1.