Operating centre legal requirements for landlord

Hi, i finaly found farm willing to rent me parking space as OC, but they never did it before so were asking me if there are any legal requirements for them.
Any help will be appriciated…

In a word no.

Own Account Driver:
In a word no.

thanks

Only in the way that you will have to publicise the fact that you are going to park truck(s) there when you do apply for your licence. I only say that because when I applied for my first licence in a rented, what I understood, industrial unit the local council got involved because the landlord only had permission for “light industrial / storage” or something so in the end he withdraw his permission rather than get involved with any planning issues. I had not paid any rent because I had not moved in but it basically stopped my licence application. It might be worth checking that your farmer does not have any “planning issues”. eg he has not got a load of local residents moaning about his tractors going up and down “their” road or something. I just moved on and got somewhere else as continuing the argument seemed like a waste of time. Good luck anyway.

manski:
Only in the way that you will have to publicise the fact that you are going to park truck(s) there when you do apply for your licence. I only say that because when I applied for my first licence in a rented, what I understood, industrial unit the local council got involved because the landlord only had permission for “light industrial / storage” or something so in the end he withdraw his permission rather than get involved with any planning issues. I had not paid any rent because I had not moved in but it basically stopped my licence application. It might be worth checking that your farmer does not have any “planning issues”. eg he has not got a load of local residents moaning about his tractors going up and down “their” road or something. I just moved on and got somewhere else as continuing the argument seemed like a waste of time. Good luck anyway.

good point…thank you

check that you can enter and leave the farm without having to reverse on to or off of a road, you are not parked next to a stream or water course, if there is a route that does not mean passing private dwellings you may have to use this even if it adds miles on each trip. plus many other things that are usually brought to the surface by nimbys. and of course owners who have no regard for their neighbours so bring it on themselves, I started running out of a housing estate and with a little consideration I never had a complaint over a ten year period, and most of Europe has trucks running from the middle of villages with no bother.

This will depend on how busy the local council are, if they are predominantly liberal/green, you can expect a battle or refusal.

These chin strokers are anti business in any form, so they will give you grief :blush:

I had a letter off my county council on an application to operate out of an industrial estate which has been there for 50 years, letting me know that they were going to let me operate from the said site, it was worded like they were doing me a favour, but I got the vibe that they would have been awkward if it wasn’t such an industrial area…

These type of characters who invest local government think we are all budding Zuckerberg`s, and seem to love ■■■■■■■ you over given the chance [IMO]…. :open_mouth:

thanks for replies…
Went for viewing today with their estate manager, he gave me 2 options (2 separate farms about mile apart), there are no housing estates nearby…i was happy with both so said i take one of them. We talked about what is involved and shaked hands…
One hour later i got email saying they can not help with parking lorries on their farm…
Im thinking…what is going on here?

LL79:
thanks for replies…
Went for viewing today with their estate manager, he gave me 2 options (2 separate farms about mile apart), there are no housing estates nearby…i was happy with both so said i take one of them. We talked about what is involved and shaked hands…
One hour later i got email saying they can not help with parking lorries on their farm…
Im thinking…what is going on here?

The estate manager obviously went to his/her superior for final clearance and got both barrels in return :blush:

Sign of the times pal…gutless types in charge :cry: