Open day offers - 10th september

Had a meeting this morning and there’s some exciting offers coming up on the Open Day. For those who cant physically make it, the phone lines will be manned so it’s not the end of the world.

Not going to give it all away in one go but I’ll start with this one:

Starter Pack (medical, online theory training, classroom theory training, online Mod 2 training, classroom Mod 2 training, half day tacho introduction, multiple choice and hazard perception tests. Mod 2 test. Normal price £250 (which is very reasonable). Open Day price £99. No extras.

I’ll add other offers over the next week or so.

Good luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Free driver cpc (35hrs or Mods 2 and 4 as applicable) with any full C, CE or D course

Or

Starter Pack (medical, online theory training, classroom theory training, online Mod 2 training, classroom Mod 2 training, half day tacho introduction, multiple choice and hazard perception tests. Mod 2 test. Normal price £250 (which is very reasonable). Open Day price £99. No extras.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Starter Pack (medical, online theory training, classroom theory training, online Mod 2 training, classroom Mod 2 training, half day tacho introduction, multiple choice and hazard perception tests. Mod 2 test. Normal price £250 (which is very reasonable). Open Day price £99.

At 99 thats good coz medical + 3 theory tests must be well over 100 … 250 seems a lot though …

At 99 thats good coz medical + 3 theory tests must be well over 100 … 250 seems a lot though

Seriously?

Medical
Multiple choice theory test
Hazard perception test
Mod 2 test
Mod 2 training (4hrs classroom)
Theory training (8hrs classroom)
Intro to drivers’ hours/tachos (4hrs classroom)
Online training to back up classroom training

It’s a bargain at £250. At £99 it’s a gift.

Seriously …

As many do it perfectly ok themselves without ‘training’ then the cost is …

£60 (max) Medical
£26 Multiple choice theory test
£11 Hazard perception test
£23 Mod 2 test
Not really needed - Mod 2 training (4hrs classroom)
Not really needed - Theory training (8hrs classroom)
FREE online = Intro to drivers’ hours/tachos (4hrs classroom)
FREE - Online training to back up classroom training

I totalled that to £120

Experience tells me that my way works extremely well so I’ll be sticking to it. Yes, there are folks who do it all independently and maybe also generate a lot of questions on the forum about hours etc because they don’t understand it. There’s loads of evidence of that where folks are totally unprepared for their first shift. We’ve developed a system that normally produces 1st time theory test passes and some basic knowledge of hours and tachos. But this is much more than included in the theory test.

[/£60 (max) Medical… fine if you can get an appointment that suits. Ours are on Sat mornings so suit most people. We also help complete the licence application to ensure no hiccups there.
£26 Multiple choice theory test … some folks would rather not do battle with the online booking system and struggle to book all the tests consecutively.
£11 Hazard perception test … as above
£23 Mod 2 test … as above
Not really needed - Mod 2 training (4hrs classroom) Pass rate has increased remarkably since this has been in place - so many DO need it
Not really needed - Theory training (8hrs classroom) Alsolutely essential We’ve done this since theory started. Books/CD’s wont answer your questions.
FREE online = Intro to drivers’ hours/tachos (4hrs classroom) … Look at the questions on the forum and tell me that folks don’t need more info on hours and tachos. FREE?
FREE - Online training to back up classroom training… Instant revision at a touch. btw, how is it FREE?
quote]

We are known for looking after folks all the way through the process. They come to the training centre for medical, the whole process is explained and from there the appointments etc are made seamlessly. All the candidate has to do is keep the appointments - which are all agreed well in advance.

The alternative is to struggle through all the initial stuff, relying on answers on the forum which may or may not be correct, to present yourself to a trainer for practical when you’ve never had anything to do with them. Our candidates have already formed sound relationships with our team, met trainers, sat in trucks, looked around the training centre etc etc way before they do their practical training. And it all helps the final outcome.

We’ve always gone the extra mile to get the result and all the service briefly outlined above all helps.

So yes, it’s definitely a bargain. (around a 1000 folks a year agree with me!!)

I would say not really practical for your customers who do the residential courses with you Peter. So Rog’s take is a good viable way as their is great online revision available these days.

I tend to advise people to sort their own medical and theory tests out so they can book days that is convinient to them.

However when deal with companies I tend to do the bookings for their employees.

No right or wrong way depends what the customer is comfortable with.

If a candidate did want me to arrange the preliminaries as a comparison I charge £175 for the booking of medicals, online revision and theory tests, yes a bit more than a candidate doing the bookings for themselves but when they start their practical trainng they will be invoiced for the amount in fees I’ve paid out so no booking charge is added.

Paul

You’re right Paul. Not practical for residential - but the majority of my customers aren’t so it works perfectly.

Out of interest, you charge £175 for medical, theory tests and online revision.

So I think my £250 including all the above plus a full day classroom theory training, half day classroom Mod 2 and half day tacho/hours represents exceedingly good value. All appointments are made around the customer’s requirements so they get exactly what they want.

IME, folks appreciate having the donkey work done for them and it’s something I’ve always done and will continue to offer.

BTW, some residential customers choose to do the above with us, but not many.

Peter Smythe:
Out of interest, you charge £175 for medical, theory tests and online revision.

But if a practical course is booked they are only charged for the medical and tests etc at cost, so that extra goes towards their training.

Paul :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
Y

So I think my £250 including all the above plus a full day classroom theory training, half day classroom Mod 2 and half 2 tacho/hours represents exceedingly good value.

Not necessary with the appropriate revision material.

Paul :smiley:

Let’s agree to disagree. You do it your way; I’ll do it my way.

This is why it is recommended that newbies search around before booking

A day an halfs training for a test that is mostly common sense an covered gaining a car license plus a bit specific to goods vehicles. But guess it goes hand in hand with autoboxes.

Any class 1 offers coming?

Free driver cpc. Assuming you’ve already got cpc, this offer extends it by 5 years. Plus your normal 10% discount.

crazyplay:
Any class 1 offers coming?

Yes give us a bell

Peter Smythe:
Let’s agree to disagree. You do it your way; I’ll do it my way.

Agreed :smiley:

I shall be nipping in…travelling from leicester,just got my provisional.

Hope you enjoy the day. I believe the ice cream van is there 11 - 1 so just need sunshine now!!

Time to let another one out of the bag!

ADR (excluding radioactive and explosives) including tankers - only £400 — no more to pay for VAT or exams. Can count 28hrs towards cpc - upload fees extra (£8.75 x 4)

and just to remind of the offers already released:

Free driver cpc (35hrs or Mods 2 and 4 as applicable) with any full C, CE or D course

Or

Offers applicable ONLY on Sept 10th. Office and training centre open 0900 - 1430. Bookings accepted by phone if unable to attend.

There’s still more to come but that’s enough for now.