Oopsie Daisy.

I cant make my mind up whether this guy is laughing or crying after losing the load!!! (Sound on) imgur.com/a/zJWKifI

That’s the driver crying to the boss on the phone (hedge jumped out on me honest boss).
Person filming is having a good laugh i reckon.

how has that happened. im not sure if its a portacabin or what but either way surly there are locks to hold it on the flatbed and even if there arnt it would take more than a few branches to pull it off.

cooper1203:
how has that happened. im not sure if its a portacabin or what but either way surly there are locks to hold it on the flatbed and even if there arnt it would take more than a few branches to pull it off.

It’s a welfare cabin with an inbuilt generator, very heavy item. It’s what I lug around most days. They are too wide to be held down on twistlocks. I can only guess but I’d wager that it’s too tight down there so the driver has taken the straps off to gain a few inches but as its gotten narrower the cabin has pinched onto the sides or onto the embankment and dragged itself off the trailer. Having a wide cabin up front also means he cannot see the rear cabin.
Been in many many situations like this trying to get to some poxy remote sewer works and the antics we get up to to get in is unreal. You just do NOT want to reverse a wag and drag back out when you cannot see the trailer.

cooper1203:

You can see the twist locks on the corners of the trailer (like a container) front is up, rear is down.
But like msgyorkie says you can see on the front cabin it overhangs them.

I’ve pulled a few boxes in my time. Also had more than a few overhanging loads, but never had the pleasure of these cabins. But it strikes me that it wouldn’t be a difficult thing to come up with some kind of adaptor that dropped onto the trailers twist locks, and had it’s own wider set twist locks to hold something like these. Or am I missing something obvious?

WhiteTruckMan:
I’ve pulled a few boxes in my time. Also had more than a few overhanging loads, but never had the pleasure of these cabins. But it strikes me that it wouldn’t be a difficult thing to come up with some kind of adaptor that dropped onto the trailers twist locks, and had it’s own wider set twist locks to hold something like these. Or am I missing something obvious?

Yes you are missing the fact that they don’t all have the holes underneath for the twistlocks to go.
What this driver has done and its what we all do, is to keep the front 2 twistlocks raised so the cabin sits tight against it so if you need to brake hard the twistlocks stop the cabin sliding forward.
I will say this though… I would never have put that cabin on my drag…far too big and far too heavy for my liking.