Oops....someone forgot the handbrake

mdourish:
Is the truck a new volvo maybe electric handbrake released itself

Got to be some doubt in the case of something that was happy to sit there when he’d parked it and got out and walked away from it only then after all that decided to run away when he was walking back to it. :confused:

Juddian:
Yeah right i’ll slip me tights on over me Y fronts and overtake this driverless artic on a downhill run and gently brake it to a controlled halt with me 1.1 Fiesta :unamused:

Who knows what happened, wouldn’t be the first time a lorry parking brake has released itself, maybe it was genuine pilot error, i have no doubt an investigating workshops will find in favour of their lorry.

Bloke here did exactly that with his Mondeo when a trailer of straw bales broke loose from the tractor on a narrower road and a much steeper incline than that. He overtook it and then matched the speed and gradually slowed it down

Juddian:
Yeah right i’ll slip me tights on over me Y fronts and overtake this driverless artic on a downhill run and gently brake it to a controlled halt with me 1.1 Fiesta :unamused:

:smiley:

Farcical.

Fat 2at wheezing and puffing after his artic clutching a piece of timber. Like something off The Benny Hill show.

thank ** there was no FB and camera phones years ago…but a moments mistake now, youre on FB,losing job/open for a fine poor fkr watching it run away thinking its going to be a fatal and I’m going to jail!.

Poor guy, will never live that one down

Best to emigrate :laughing:

Tommy7437:
Poor guy, will never live that one down

Best to emigrate :laughing:

not quite …ish :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: jimmy walks away shaking his head!

Hello boss got good news and bad news Trucks gone down slip road hit centre reservation and i wasnt in it.but on plus side I managed to get the wood back that fell of the trailer.

That is ■■■■ hilarious :laughing: :laughing:

I’d hate to be the bearer of bad news to the boss.

I’ll get me coat…

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Feel sorry for the old guy running after it, knowing its heading for a live motorway.
Ive forgotten the handbrake myself a couple of times but luckily reralised before I exited the cab. Once though, I had my foot on the pavement when I felt the wagon move. If it had sat for another 3 seconds before rolling it was off down the hill. There but for the grace of god and all that

They should really make it so the handbrake sets as soon as the door is opened, it would be a simple engineering task. The risks of rolling away have got greater since auto boxes that go into neutral that don’t have a park on a lever like a traditional torque converter auto in a car.

Own Account Driver:
They should really make it so the handbrake sets as soon as the door is opened, it would be a simple engineering task. The risks of rolling away have got greater since auto boxes that go into neutral that don’t have a park on a lever like a traditional torque converter auto in a car.

But close door, and hand brake releases? So also a weight sensor on the seat.?
(Maybe a heavy duty weight sensor?)

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Brings a whole diferent meaning to the quote “Run Ragged”
Poor sod .

Our trucks have a quite annoying voice warning that comes on if you open the door without the hand brake on,very loudly announces “warning handbrake not applied”…watching this video I can actually see it’s quite a useful feature to have!

xichrisxi:
Our trucks have a quite annoying voice warning that comes on if you open the door without the hand brake on,very loudly announces “warning handbrake not applied”…watching this video I can actually see it’s quite a useful feature to have!

Some of our trucks have this feature too but, sometimes they warn you even when the brake is applied :unamused: so, I usually glance at the handbrake lever as I descend the steps. :slight_smile:

I’d love to know what happened after the filming stopped, did he get in the cab and casually drive off with everyone looking at him in bemusement :open_mouth: :blush: or did the old bill get involved ?

Own Account Driver:

Night-and-day:
Could do wid subtitles bro innit.The truck is heading for a potential fatal accident and instead of getting in front of it and at least trying to warn others or better still get into it while it was still rolling slowly this nob films it. Muppet

Yep, my thoughts exactly, could have easily pulled in front and slowed it down and stopped it, who gives a crap about a scratched rear bumper compared to a family, in a car, travelling at 70mph+ ploughing into it.

Should be strung up.

They do sound like a pair of prize morons but other than zoom down beside it to see if I could pull trailer brake I’d not be doing much else. Too many have been killed trying to stop runaway lorries and had they tried its quite possible they would have been too. Also to be fair the slip road dips and goes up a slight hill, I imagine people thought that might stop it

xichrisxi:

This truck was a Volvo and it sounds a very loud warning if you open for with handbrake off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has overtones of…

It’s a Knockout/Je sans frontierres from the late 70s BBC.