Online Photo Licences Renewal

Hi

I’v just applied to renew my photo licences online.

It tells me to cut my old licence in two (both part) and return to Swansea? It implies I should do this now, but a part of me feels that I should wait for my new one to arrive just in case they have accidentally deleted any entailments of mine ?

And we all know the DVLA never makes misstakes :laughing: and if I kept my old licences It would be evidence of there mistake :smiling_imp: that’s if they make one :unamused:

Apparently its an offence to have two licences even if the one has expired anyway :confused:

Has anyone else used this service from the DVLA, It uses the photo and signature from your passport.

I always find it stressful updating my licence, why don’t they keep your old licence in store for 3 months just in case there are any disputes ?

I used it to update my address online. I kept the old licence until the new one arrived. It came within a couple of days, I was quite impressed.

i’ve just done mine on line as it expires on the 13th went thro the signing in bit on the dvla web site as my passport was only a couple of years old,anyway filled it in,but i didnt get to a page on their web site to pay the £20, so me now a bit worried rang the dvla, low and behold got thro straight away explained the situ,girl took my mobile number, still following? the next day a fella rang me from swansea to tell me it was correct no charge,licence arrived 2 days later all checked and all correct, ive just cut my old one in half and posted it back a hour ago!

do they accept a picture from a webcam for your photo renewel? :laughing:

So it sounds like I should hold onto mine for a few days and sending it when my new licence comes through.

Thanks

limeyphil:

I don’t think so.

I hope the site was secure as it asked for every bit of information any criminal would wont!
Licence number/ National Insurance / Passport number / Date and pace of birth ect…

on the run:
So it sounds like I should hold onto mine for a few days and sending it when my new licence comes through.

Thanks

Yes but don’t delay sending it back, they treat non returning as if it was lost and will charge you the fee for the replacement.

malcolmj:
i’ve just done mine on line as it expires on the 13th went thro the signing in bit on the dvla web site as my passport was only a couple of years old,anyway filled it in,but i didnt get to a page on their web site to pay the £20, so me now a bit worried rang the dvla, low and behold got thro straight away explained the situ,girl took my mobile number, still following? the next day a fella rang me from swansea to tell me it was correct no charge,licence arrived 2 days later all checked and all correct, ive just cut my old one in half and posted it back a hour ago!

Was that because you had changed your address?

Santa:
malcolmj wrote:i’ve just done mine on line as it expires on the 13th went thro the signing in bit on the dvla web site as my passport was only a couple of years old,anyway filled it in,but i didnt get to a page on their web site to pay the £20, so me now a bit worried rang the dvla, low and behold got thro straight away explained the situ,girl took my mobile number, still following? the next day a fella rang me from swansea to tell me it was correct no charge,licence arrived 2 days later all checked and all correct, ive just cut my old one in half and posted it back a hour ago!

no it was to update the picture, licence was due to expire on Feb 13th
i still dont know why it was free of charge thou

I changed my address in June last year, kept hold of the old licenses and still have them somewhere.
Never got charged a penny…Did it all on-line too.

Change of address is free - new photo card cost £20 if nothing has changed. Looks like Malcom got lucky.

When I passed my class D a few years back I sent a cheque as per instructions, licence arrived all correct accompanied by my cheque, no explanation was given. I didn’t query it because DVLA would never make a mistake, or admit to it anyway.

starfighter:
I used it to update my address online. I kept the old licence until the new one arrived. It came within a couple of days, I was quite impressed.

Same.

When i changed my address a while ago i did it all online. Applied on friday and had my new one on the following wednesday. Can’t fault them.

limeyphil:

Sorry, a photo of a ■■■■■ cannot be used

mickyblue:

limeyphil:

Do you mean a photo of his actual ■■■■■■■■ or just a picture of him in general? :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

mickyblue:

limeyphil:

Do you mean a photo of his actual ■■■■■■■■ or just a picture of him in general? :smiley:

photo of himself :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: HTH

malcolmj:

Santa:
malcolmj wrote:i’ve just done mine on line as it expires on the 13th went thro the signing in bit on the dvla web site as my passport was only a couple of years old,anyway filled it in,but i didnt get to a page on their web site to pay the £20, so me now a bit worried rang the dvla, low and behold got thro straight away explained the situ,girl took my mobile number, still following? the next day a fella rang me from swansea to tell me it was correct no charge,licence arrived 2 days later all checked and all correct, ive just cut my old one in half and posted it back a hour ago!

no it was to update the picture, licence was due to expire on Feb 13th
i still dont know why it was free of charge thou

becuase you are a lucky so and so

If your renewing your photo, for £4.50 you can go to certain post offices and they take your picture for you and you digitally sign and hey presto job done. Much better than having a passport style photo done and it not being good enough.