Online cpc training, worth a try?

Hi not sure if this is the right forum. I need to renew my CPC over next four years. I usually do Saturdays face to face as I have to pay for my own and I am busy in the week.
I’m thinking of trying the Atlas training online cpc. Split 2 x3.5 hrs over two nights which is preferable to giving up a Saturday or all day in front of a screen!

Anyone any experience of Atlas online cpc?
Do they upload the cpc to DVLA or do I have to chase it?
Thanks

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

Did all my CPC online with a company called Enterprise. I like it better. Our instructor was decent and they had loads of different dates.
I don’t remember having to chase anyone. They update the DVLA records from their end. Just be sure to check it appears on your account.

Training records are upoaded to the DVSA database, and no one has to chase the TP to do that, if they do then the TP will get it in the neck from DVSA, they only have five days to do the uploads.

EDIT: you’ll want to get yourself registered to check your records, if you haven’t done so already
gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

Some (and I do mean some) firms do charge to upload the hours to the database. Bit of a con but it is what it is. You djnt have to look hard to avoid it.

I highly recommend online CPC. Did a few in the last couple of years, never an issue. And it’s better doing it at home rather than travelling somewhere.

Definitely worth it. I did mine with Driver Hire as i work nights and they also run evening courses where they’ll do a day’s DCPC split over two evenings so you do say 3.5hrs on a Wednesday starting 6pm then the second 3.5hrs on the Thursday at the same time. It cost me £40 with no extra charges for uploads etc.

First time doing it online, all I’ll say is that I much prefer doing it online to doing it face to face although I don’t know how much of that was down to it being split over two evenings rather than being a single day which seems to drag a lot more, made worse by the fact you waste an hour of your life for dinner before starting the afternoon session. Plus I don’t have to spend 45 minutes at either end of the day travelling to and from the training course.

Conor:
Definitely worth it. I did mine with Driver Hire as i work nights and they also run evening courses where they’ll do a day’s DCPC split over two evenings so you do say 3.5hrs on a Wednesday starting 6pm then the second 3.5hrs on the Thursday at the same time. It cost me £40 with no extra charges for uploads etc.

First time doing it online, all I’ll say is that I much prefer doing it online to doing it face to face although I don’t know how much of that was down to it being split over two evenings rather than being a single day which seems to drag a lot more, made worse by the fact you waste an hour of your life for dinner before starting the afternoon session. Plus I don’t have to spend 45 minutes at either end of the day travelling to and from the training course.

Same as Conor, after recommendation from him I done 4 over last couple of months, got 1 more to do then that’s my covered till 2029. £40 a go no hassle definitely recommend driver hire… Wonder if I get a discount if they see this bit of marketing :laughing:

P.s as you paying for it yourself, don’t forget to claim it back through gov.com personal expenses and get your tax code changed.

elsa Lad:

Conor:

Same as Conor, after recommendation from him I done 4 over last couple of months, got 1 more to do then that’s my covered till 2029. £40 a go no hassle definitely recommend driver hire… Wonder if I get a discount if they see this bit of marketing :laughing:

P.s as you paying for it yourself, don’t forget to claim it back through gov.com personal expenses and get your tax code changed.

Doubt it but… if you do…

I also used driver hire and can have no complaints whatsoever. Easy to deal with, well ran, uploaded promptly too.

I did one online in the summer.I wouldnt do it again…I used my mobile phone and it was a real torture being glued to it for 8 hours.

Cheers guys thanks for the tips will check the ones mentioned. Definitely think 2 evenings sounds better than 1 day [emoji106]

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

If the OP is looking at Atlas training in Doncaster, he`ll find they only have 1 module with the same content that they repeat over and over and call it a different name

This time last year I got grounded for a week by Covid so decided to give it a go to kill time and turn sick pay into working time.

I looked around and settled on Traxion training, good reviews. Could book on to course for following day and could pay on the day mid way through if you were happy or leave without paying a penny if not.

Craig the trainer is very knowledgeable and has real experience, he also uses the more experienced drivers to illustrate things to newer drivers. He manages it very well and keeps it interesting.

I’m far from a fan of dcpc but i did actually think this worked well. I realise i may have been pleased to do something for four days but i did recommend him to another driver needing to requalify to come back to driving and he did 5 days straight and found it good.

I did a few online last year, much more comfortable doing it from home sat on sofa than in a classroom. Seemed to get more break time too.

Need to have good internet though because somebody was having trouble in the day, got kicked off the course and apparently would of lost their money.

Being half the cost is nice too :sunglasses:

toonsy:
Some (and I do mean some) firms do charge to upload the hours to the database. Bit of a con but it is what it is. You djnt have to look hard to avoid it.

Everyone pays to have their hours uploaded, £8.75 per course, that money goes directly to the DVSA for the use of their database and card production facilities. the TP only handles the the transaction, there’s no avoiding that someone has to pay.

Of course, how companies advertise their prices is of course a very different kettle of fish, but the cost will be included, even if is carefully disguised.