Online CPC questions

Hi, I am looking for some clarification that I can do my CPC before I take the C licence.
I have the grandfather C1 on my licence and have my provisional C am I ok doing 5 days CPC online to gain my CPC card? Then I could start driving as soon as I pass my C test. (probably with Peter)
And with a Taco card I would be good to do 7.5t work straight away?

Thanks Richard

I have the grandfather C1 on my licence and have my provisional C am I ok doing 5 days CPC online to gain my CPC card? Then I could start driving as soon as I pass my C test. (probably with Peter)

Yes, you’re good to go with driver cpc. Your choice of online or “real”.

If you had a tacho card, you could drive 7.5t once you’ve completed your driver cpc.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete will get it done and be in touch when I can get over to you.

Richard

Peter Smythe:

Yes, you’re good to go with driver cpc. Your choice of online or “real”.

If you had a tacho card, you could drive 7.5t once you’ve completed your driver cpc.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi - just to ask a question on this - can you apply for a digital tacho card before getting qualified ?

Riddlemethis:
can you apply for a digital tacho card before getting qualified ?

YES - anyone with a basic car licence can get one

This is because it is possible to have say a 3.5 tonne van towing a 750kg MAM trailer commercially which, unless an exemption applies, comes into EU tacho regs

ROG:

Riddlemethis:
can you apply for a digital tacho card before getting qualified ?

YES - anyone with a basic car licence can get one

This is because it is possible to have say a 3.5 tonne van towing a 750kg MAM trailer commercially which, unless an exemption applies, comes into EU tacho regs

Thanks for this - on your advice i applied and got one…just a few more things to get out of the way.
it seems all a bit unecessarily complicated !

Haha - just to keep you on your toes!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing: