one year today

This time today last year was preparing for my cat c test so that magical 1 years holding of licence has arrived , so hopefully am now a bit more employable !!!

I`ve learned a hell of a lot in the last year : truck driving isnt just getting behind the wheel and driving , Ive run out of fuel !! got lost (countless times !) had my first experience of London driving and even driven onto the platform of Euston stn to deliver , lost nearly 3 stone (bonus) from all the handballing exercise !!

But I would not change a thing !¬!!!

All the trying times have kinda faded when I get a good run a beautiful sunny day just me n the radio or the trunking runs up and down the m40 or m11 depending on which one I get ? Ive met loads of brilliant people and believe it or not : not many pains !!! Ive gone to work with a smile on my face and thats priceless to me ,

I`ve had a lot of help , without asking for it , and when I ask no one has ever refused to help or look at me like I shouldnt be doing this job , all in all I wish Id done this years ago!!!

So for all you newbies out there , once you get that break and that first job the rest can fall into place I love doing what im doing even the times when not all goes to plan , Ive learnt that you dont panic just get on with it !!!you will arrive home and think wow I can do that then what was I worrying about !

So what for me now : well in a couple of weeks going to see if I can handle the artic and hopefully in another years time can be writing about a year in an artic but who knows :wink:

So to all those out there good luck and I hope you get your break soon :smiley: :smiley:

i was one of the lucky few getting a C+E job after 2 weeks of passing me test 3 weeks on me C+E job and enjoying every moment and all i can say is DITTO on your post even though for me its the yorkshire hills and veiws are awsome :grimacing: :grimacing:

Congrats on your first year :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m itching to get behind the wheel on a daily basis. I haven’t drove anything but my car since I had my C test on Tuesday and I’m missing to soooo badly.

I don’t know why but I’ve noticed a few times when I’m driving the car that I’ve been taking left hand corners like I’m driving the lorry lol … Wishfull thinking haha :smiley: :smiley:

steveig:
i was one of the lucky few getting a C+E job after 2 weeks of passing me test 3 weeks on me C+E job and enjoying every moment and all i can say is DITTO on your post even though for me its the yorkshire hills and veiws are awsome :grimacing: :grimacing:

Envy u with those kinda views but we have some good uns down ere too :laughing: but like today gonna be starting a 1600 for a trunk run up to Newmarket when you have done something a few times the confidence soars and you start to enjoy yourself , the nerves are not there to hinder and you feel on top of the world so pleased someone else feels like me about their job startin to think i was a bit mad ! but hey i love to drive so mabe we all are !! :wink: :wink: hope you still feeling like this in a years time good luck to you

jen x

LR18-8:
Congrats on your first year :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’m itching to get behind the wheel on a daily basis. I haven’t drove anything but my car since I had my C test on Tuesday and I’m missing to soooo badly.

I don’t know why but I’ve noticed a few times when I’m driving the car that I’ve been taking left hand corners like I’m driving the lorry lol … Wishfull thinking haha :smiley: :smiley:

I get it all the time ! truck envy lol I can earn more on the taxi so have kept that up but the truck is what i love so when in taxi i look at all the trucks I pass wishing it was me :wink:

look at me an stevieg both newbies both got the break it happens so dont worry you will be in that truck soon enough and I wish u all the best

jenx

Jennie:
… so that magical 1 years holding of licence has arrived , …

Nice one Jenny. :smiley:

You just keep going, you’re doing fine.

Happy trucking jennie :smiley:

nice one Jenny, go for the c+e next and show the ‘expereinced lot’ how it is doen :smiley:

Nice Jennie glad to see you’re enjoying it! Posts like this keep us newbies going :smiley:

I’m reading this post and just wishing it was me saying all that, should be starting my C training next month!