One Year On

Well thats my first anniversary as a class one holder, and still a bus driver!!!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

I have got a class 1 assesment with JBT in Bathgate on Friday. I know what some people have said about them but at the end of the day its the first company not to give up on me when i told them I had no experience.

So what should I expect? I can feel nerves creeping in already :laughing:

Thanks in advance.

happyhebridean436:
Well thats my first anniversary as a class one holder, and still a bus driver!!!

But there is light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

I have got a class 1 assesment with JBT in Bathgate on Friday. I know what some people have said about them but at the end of the day its the first company not to give up on me when i told them I had no experience.

So what should I expect? I can feel nerves creeping in already :laughing:

Thanks in advance.

What should you expect… hmmm… Redundancy maybe, check out steve-o’s knew it thread,

didn’t see that thread, no mention of that on phone today

happyhebridean436:
didn’t see that thread, no mention of that on phone today

Hope you enjoy being called 100 times a day being told to hurry up and go faster when you’re already doing 80mph down hill on the way to Inverness, being treated like crap, being paid crap. I could go on. Anyway I wish you all the best, we all need to start somewhere and it’s experience at the end of the day :smiley:

it was 2 years yesterday (4th) since i passed my class one,

i did look at that jbt job but thought against it.i dont do well at being phoned constantly being asked where i am etc, i just like being left alone and if i have a problem ill phone you.

Good luck buddy, what time is your assessment as their yard can be tight as ■■■■ when the wagons start to come back at around 4 onwards. You’ll not get many JBT fans on here but a start is a start so i hope you do well.

If they keep phoning you ask them politely to buy a ZBing tracker,problem solved.

I wish you all the best on your assessment, but remember it aint a bus and unless you have been driving bendy busses, remember the artics bnd in the middle. best of luck, let us know how you got on.

think youre a bit stuffed residing in benbecula,
sometimes you have to move where the work is , rugby ,northampton,etc.
make contact with an agencey ads in truckstop news,
go nove /ltd company money is ok
get a regular assignment thell give you a chance,
something for you to mull over .
the longer you leave it driving artics the less chance when you get the chance youll be able to do it.
kick up the arse pal youre driving a bus.
culture shock for you tho hebrides n england :smiley:

merc0447:
Good luck buddy, what time is your assessment as their yard can be tight as [zb] when the wagons start to come back at around 4 onwards. You’ll not get many JBT fans on here but a start is a start so i hope you do well.

Wont be tight in there for much longer :wink:

P.S you should see it on a sunday when trying to dig out a trailer 4 deep round the back lol :laughing:

Great idea telling a man from Benbecula to Mull things over!My gaffer bought a bus from the Hebrides recently ,maybe it was yours.

Hi guys, cheers for all your posts.

Didn’t go to well i’m afraid, little bit of hesitancy to begin with while i got used to the motor, which would have got me through ok, but when i got back to the yard i couldn’t reverse onto the bay for love nor money. Didn’t go out on the truck till about 4 and the yard was packed so that didn’t help confidence. Mind you even if i did pass, i don’t think i would have got a start cos of this MRS business.

Still, back to drawing board!!! :laughing:, I have decided to move back to my mums in Greenock, so hopefully I’ll be closer to the work again.