one sunny day

Just thought Id let you know how I spent yesterday , well was supposed to be starting at 22.00 for a job to kings cross easy money get there n back within 41/2 hr drive and within WTD regs but get a call from tm can I come in at 15.00 as need to get some pallets to chelmsford as well would i mind adding them to my load not a prob so im off to chelmsford first !!

Now from where i am best route i could think off m25 then all way in on a12 no probs :smiley: but as get closer up come the matrix signs , a12 closed :imp: never mind quick look on the good ol truckers atlas and come of m11 j7 and in on a what can only be the most scenic route I have ever taken absolutly lovely , okay was restricted to 40mph all the way along and im sure all those sun drivers behind me (not a good road for overtaking) where probably cursing that bloody truck driving so slow !!! but the sun was out the countryside was breathtaking and my radio was full blast with some easy listening music that i could sing my heart out to . I tried to take pictures of the sun coming down as was this huge orange ball in the sky looked fantastic but my phone has let me down and pics did not come out :frowning:

There is a lot said about the negative side of driving and if you are going for your licence let me tell you yesterday was probably the best day of my life even if chelmsford tried to take an extra pallet meant for kings x (good job i checked!!!) the scenery was breathtaking in the sunshine and as most of my driving is done late at night i miss most of it but not yesterday came home about 11 pm last night buzzing and knowing that getting my hgv licence was probably the best thing Ive ever done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Keep on trucking guys n gals

jen x

Hi Jen

I initially thought things were going to go really bad the way the post started, so glad to hear it went well and you had a fab day! driving not all bad thats for sure.

If you think that’s a beautiful drive then you don’t get out much! It’s not bad but this beautiful country has so much more to offer than the A414!

44 Tonne Ton:
If you think that’s a beautiful drive then you don’t get out much! It’s not bad but this beautiful country has so much more to offer than the A414!

Oh I know do a lot of walking ! But the point is the sun is shining and with the view from the truck I was in a happy place loving and feeling good about the job I can now do :smiley:

Jx

That’s a very positive post, and the reason most of us do/did it. Myself I used to love a Sunday run up to Scotland, it was like ■■■ but not as messy :stuck_out_tongue:

I am glad you are beginning to enjoy yourself!

These are the days you need to think about when your having a bad 'un and wondering why you do the job at all! :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:
That’s a very positive post, and the reason most of us do/did it. Myself I used to love a Sunday run up to Scotland, it was like ■■■ but not as messy :stuck_out_tongue: !

Id say a close second !! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mind you as an agency driver i normally have to clean up before i set out !!

I think its a combination of not being quite so new confident in that i can do the job when first started that road closure would of had me in palputations now i just pull over look at the map and take another route the boss cant shout if a road closure slows you up or if an accident stops the route you are taking just be thankfull your not the one involved and crack on and alot of it has been talking to guys like yourself that have done the job a lot longer believe me always willing to listen to a bit of advice 9 times out of 10 it helps although there is one mbr on hear that thinks i dont listen enough and can rabbit on for England (u know who u are :wink: :laughing: ) anyway on strength of yest inspiring me on have just bitten the bullit and booked an assesment for 27th April for C+E so guys would stay off the road around surrey area that day !!! :smiley:

all the best

Jen x

Well done for going for the CE. I thought you already had it TBH. Just shows I don’t pay enough attention.

Looks like you starting to enjoy it out there.

Dean

Jennie, do you mind if I ask who your assessment is with? I posted in another thread earlier about a company called EP training who are also in Surrey, if its them, you’ll be in good hands, I would give them the highest recommendation possible. If not…I’m sure you’ll still do fine :smiley:

Thats them spoke to sean this morning :smiley:

jx

by the way lov ur signature !!

Jennie:
Thats them spoke to sean this morning :smiley:

jx

by the way lov ur signature !!

I would have recommended them too, as soon as I saw Surrey, mention my name, you may get it free :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
I would have recommended them too, as soon as I saw Surrey, mention my name, you may get it free :smiling_imp: :laughing:

oooh i would love to know why please elaborate :wink:

jx

Jennie:

Wheel Nut:

oooh i would love to know why please elaborate :wink:

jx

Just a little joke, you may understand it if you can be bothered to read the Rubberducky thread :laughing: