One stop are recruiting

Whilst I don’t do shop deliveries myself, if anyone is interested One Stop at Brownhills in Staffordshire are now advertising for permanent class one drivers.

They appear to be part of Tosco now ? :neutral_face:

Yep part of the Tesco group

Tesco have owned the One Stop brand since 2003,they bought it to turn into Tesco Extras/Express ect but were stopped by the people who govern fair market competition as it was deemed Tesco would own too much of the market in convinience store hence why they stuck with the name One Stop.

Delivering to One Stop shops with an Artic for £30k salary (Midlands based), I’d give that one a swerve.

It’s 30k at the wakefield depot too…
I applied when it first opened and the recruitment process was a joke,3 days off of my then job for assessments and interviews and stuff.
I was told my a family friend who worked there that I was defiantly going to get one of the jobs but didn’t as told I don’t have enough experience,I have 13 years class one experience.
I have had a couple of chances to go for interview recently but have heard mixed reports and my original dealings with them have left a sour taste to be honest.

V40LLY:
Delivering to One Stop shops with an Artic for £30k salary (Midlands based), I’d give that one a swerve.

Why mate? It’s more than shelf stackers money that you KEEP banging on about…

Brownhills are permanently advertising for drivers,as are poundland tbh maybe coz drivers try it and don’t come back always see new faces then not to be seen again :open_mouth:

V40LLY:

A lot would depend on how big the artics are and how the stuff is loaded inside them.

Did one days agency with them on a double manned rigid about fifteen years ago. We left at 4am in the morning to do multi drops in Kent and got back at midnight courtesy of an accident closed motorway. :confused:

£30 K for only occasional nights out is ok, when unlike agency work it is there week in and week out guaranteed. Don’t do shop deliveries myself, but sure it will suit somebody out there.

Anything to do with Tescos will be ■■■■■■

V40LLY:

got to agree with this. I’d want more than that after seeing where some of these shops are

Most deliveries will be in a urban rear steer 11m trailer,easier to get around in that a rigid!
Seen loads of one stop it and about,very few 13m tri axles.

amamdada:
Anything to do with Tesco will be [zb]!

+1