One of THOSE days

OOOOpppppppps :blush: :blush:

zattevrienden.realroot.be/depanneren.htm

Oops! Could only happen to the Irishā€¦ :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i looked at the first pic and thought heā€™s a brave man,lifting without the legs down!
brilliant pics.

Now that my friend, was FUNNY. :stuck_out_tongue:

Err boss, you know i went to get that car out the harbour, wellā€¦ :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Yes, the first thing I thought was ā€œno outriggersā€, I wonder where this is going :slight_smile:

Have a look at picture 3. There are 2 blokes stood infront of the wagon. In picture 4 the bloke in the two tone blue top has vanished and reappears in picture 5. Can he run fast or what!!!

That is great! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Someones very very deep in the mucky stuff :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Reminds me of when I went on holiday to Ireland. Killala. Dipstick got uppity about not being able to get his car out and got the back wheels stuck over the quayside. Ahhhhh. Happy days :open_mouth: :smiley: :laughing: :grimacing:.

I hope he wasnt hurt is that the driver in the water in the 4th picture down? in the water or is it just a jacket?.

Given how deep it isnā€™t there (the car on its roof had its wheels sticking out of the water) and the very close proximity of a slipway I would have probably just used something with a winch to roll the car onto its wheels and then dragged it out and up the slipway rather than trying to lift itā€¦

Paul

Just goes to show that you should always use a professional to do the mans work, looks like he never had outriggers fitted in the first place, couldnt happen to a nicer cowboy firm than that oneā€¦serves them rightā€¦i would have loved to have been listening on the phone when he phoned his bossā€¦
err boss got a bit of trouble wiv the motor
why wassup ?
wont start boss, i fink theres water in the engine

ha ha ha ha
have a nice day

truckyboy:
Just goes to show that you should always use a professional to do the mans work, looks like he never had outriggers fitted in the first place

If you look at pictures 4 and 10, you can see that an outrigger was being used on the harbour side of the truck (although it didnā€™t come out very far). I donā€™t think the outrigger on the other side wouldā€™ve made much difference - in fact it might have made things slightly worse, as it would have meant that theyā€™d have less warning of the truckā€™s lemming tendencies, since they couldnā€™t have seen the n/s tyres get less and less compressed on the road surface.

truckyboy:
Just goes to show that you should always use a professional to do the mans work, looks like he never had outriggers fitted in the first place

Actually, if you look in image 4 he did have the outriggers out partially, about half a meter from the side of the truck?

In image 3 it looks like the outrigger leg is right on the edge of the quay. A Hiab doesnā€™t need to have legs out on the other side, and they act more as stabilisers apparently.

But heā€™s putting all the force onto that front corner, and the one leg was already leaning anyway. A very unsafe operation! Like the biggie that turned up for the rescue though :slight_smile:

Looks like an 8 legger but is an acrcic insteadā€¦ That is a trailer behind that green Hiab isnā€™t it. Notice heā€™s got 4 legs extended and the front of his truck is off the ground while working

smeserver:
Looks like an 8 legger but is an acrcic insteadā€¦ That is a trailer behind that green Hiab isnā€™t it. Notice heā€™s got 4 legs extended and the front of his truck is off the ground while working

Looks to me like itā€™s probably an 8x4 artic configured as a tractor unit with a trailer on as well. Does such a thing exist? I guess with the size of that crane having a tractor that size could easily be justified.

Paul

MrFlibble:

truckyboy:

If you look at pictures 4 and 10, you can see that an outrigger was being used on the harbour side of the truck (although it didnā€™t come out very far). I donā€™t think the outrigger on the other side wouldā€™ve made much difference - in fact it might have made things slightly worse, as it would have meant that theyā€™d have less warning of the truckā€™s lemming tendencies, since they couldnā€™t have seen the n/s tyres get less and less compressed on the road surface.

I think it is just the top of a ladder going down the wall. If you look at the later pics it is still there after the crane has ā€œgoneā€ :open_mouth:

Looks like he was left the lights on full beam, and was asked to dip them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gardun:
I think it is just the top of a ladder going down the wall. If you look at the later pics it is still there after the crane has ā€œgoneā€ :open_mouth:

No, if you look at the pictures of the truck upside down, there is definitely an outrigger sticking out on the offside (but not on the nearside).

Itā€™s particularly noticeable on picture 10, where the N/S outrigger is right behind the front tyre, but the O/S one is out.

Its got nothing to do with outriggers O/S or N/S wouldnt make any diference, :confused: none of them is wearing a high vis jacket, and as we all know that will prevent anything going wrong :laughing:

Absolutely priceless !!!

I wonder who took the photos ?

ā– ā– 
Jo