One of those days

Glad ive chilled out this weekend i can say! Full of a cold anyway, on Friday, usual trip, went to Basildon, no problems light traffic made good time. Took ages to get tipped, no problem thinks I, just another slow one…

Coming through basildon, i’m sitting at the traffic lights under the railway bridge, i’ve positioned myself over both lanes to stop people cutting inside/outside as they do in the rush hour (plus lanes are a bit narrow) when it merges into one lane further up the road.

There is traffic behind me, and a few cars in front, lights go green and we all pull off, apart from a Van who overtakes all the cars behind me, virtually on the wrong side of the road, and then proceeds to barge in front of me then clouting my mirror :frowning:

He comes steaming round, and i says through the window “what you do that for?!” of which he replied in a rather angry lots of sweary fashion. So (whilst i was shaking, being my FIRST accident ever in a car or lorry) i took his details off his van, he took my reg, truck name etc… then the bugger got in and drove off! didnt ask for a number/address at all?

But when he was pulling off, the car driver behind me had walked up to give me his details (witness), im just a bit worried if van man reports me to the police for not reporting an accident? Told the boss etc… giving diagrams and stuff, i wouldnt care, but the hole in the mirror plastic backing is only the size of a golf ball :unamused:

Then got back to where i park, drop trailer and slowly pulling of then TWANG…pssssssssss. (Lots of sweary bits here!) and cue my nice trip home taking longer as dipstick here had to fix the suzie :blush:

Been a lovly weekend, nice weather, even washed and waxed the car for a change… thats it now for another few months :laughing:

Am i worrying too much about that nice van driver, or what? It literally only made a small mark on his panel, not even a dent i dont think, although i took a few pictures of the damage and whole side of the van encase he gets cheeky!

don’t worry mate, you only have to notify the police if somebody is injured or if there is damage to property such as lamppost, wall or parked car etc.

Mr B:
don’t worry mate, you only have to notify the police if somebody is injured or if there is damage to property such as lamppost, wall or parked car etc.

Ah right thats good to know, thanks :slight_smile:

stu190, we all have days like that mate, relax,and as
for the airline you are not alone been there done it.
have a drink of what you fancy and just ease last weeks
mishaps into a darken area of your mind,

And the moral of the story is; DON’T DRIVE THROUGH BASILDON! :wink:

dear stewie,i wouldn"t worry to much about that some drivers have been having a smashing time (literaly)in tilbury.ive a spare golf ball may fit your hole.Regerds to you and dad.Lee

brit pete:
and as
for the airline you are not alone been there done it.

I have an ABS Lead that’s about a mile long :laughing:

cough not that I would ever drop a trailer and leave the lead connected :blush:

P.S How many folk have had a suzi catch on the crailer curtain ratchet? :grimacing: