One of the best things

About being retired is when it’s snowing like hell (like wot it’s doing 'ere in the republic this morning) you can fall out of bed, look out of the window, pour a pot of tea, and say “sod it, I’m not going out today” None of the business of turning out at any hour of the day or night. :smiley:

i’ll second that brian , grub in the cupboard , plenty of teabags and a bottle if the stress gets too much . my son ( 46 ) moans at me , he says he has to go out in it to earn a crust , but i went out in it to raise him so i don’t feel a bit guilty about it . i never recall losing a days work through the weather , but his boss parks them up when the roads are bad .cheers , dave

Dead on GOM, dead on. I see them slithering all over the lane below my house and think ‘good luck lads!’

David

Ah yes,but when you have to clear the drive with a shovel it makes you a ‘‘more’’ grumpy old man.I work only part time now and mostly in the summer so can relax in the winter.I have a bit more of a problem with the snow but i have a '‘friend’'who helps me
lappland life 041.JPG

hope you wipe the seat down first mike , or the farmer giles will get you

As a geriatric lorry driver i think it’s a bit too late to worry about that.The only good thing is up here they freeze quickly so you can knock them off with a toffee hammer :wink: Mike