One more newbie

Well im on my way towards getting my c licence :grimacing:
Its been quite a trip already :confused: , went for the medical , went ok and sent off to get the provisional licence .DLVA sent the forms back :angry: ,turns out the doc had forgotten to tick a couple of boxes ! :angry: Guess i should of checked it myself :unamused:
Anyway sent it back after visiting the doc again .
The licence came today so , booked the theory/hazard perception straight away , Have them both on 5th jan so plenty of time to brush up on highway code /driving hours etc

Cant wait to get behind the wheel it has to be said :grimacing:

Its taken about a month this far , i guess rome wasnt built in a day , but im an impatient sort .

cheers Mike

Hiyyaaa mikey D, any thoughts on where you’ll do your training & test yet ? (after your theory of course), & welcome

Only a month DVLA had mine a lot longer than that

Welcome to the madhouse btw

Good luck with your HPT & Theory test

This might be of some help then

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … hicles.pdf

Thanks for the welcome guys , Bonnie lass , the test centre is 10 mins from home (shrewsbury) and will probably do my training with AVT in telford . Did have a look for a recommended trainer on this website but none were local , they seemed ok when i spoke with the guy tho ,

There truck for c training is an ERF (NOT SURE OF MODEL), does anyone know the gear arangement on them 8 speed i know but are they 4 over 4 or something else :unamused:

Thanks Animal , that pdf link will be very usefull :wink:

cheers Mike

Some can be a “slapper box”

There is a thread on here bout gear box 's

I know Shrewsbury, (test station at Harlscot) good roads up there, & Telford is a fun place to drive round too :laughing: :laughing: you should gain some good experience around there :smiley: I was up there last week & left just as it started to snow :sunglasses: . What ever gear box you get you will be trained on how to use it !!! so don’t worry, & there are some excellent threads about gears in this forum - well worth reading :wink: good luck with your theory - let us know how you get on :smiley:

Here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24700

What brings you over this way bonnie ? what sort of stuff do you carry and what kind of truck ? Yea well thers certainly plenty of roundabouts in telford :unamused: , not that keen on the place mind ironbridge is nice tho :wink:
we had afair bit of snow about 6" which is good considering we have about 1" max normally .

Thats a good section about gears animal , thanks :slight_smile:

will post an update when ive done the theory tests :wink:

cheers mike

6" of snow & that a lot I wish more than that fell today here but then we are more used to it than you southern softies it just means that we cant have any grit for our roads as you are supposed to need it :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the test & np bout the link knew there was 1 on here it was just a bit further down the page hope it all helps

Thats both buisness & pleasure route through for me (livestock), I think there is a trainer near the test centre but dont know anything about them :unamused: never been through ironbridge it’s out of my way a bit :sunglasses: not long now 'til your theory test hope all goes well for you :smiley:

Hi Bonnie lass , I dont suppose you were delivering your ‘cargo’ to ABP were you ? I know the trainer of which you speak ,keeps his truck around the corner from test centre . He uses a wagon n drag for the E test , id prefer to use proper artic if i get that far hence the reason for using the guy in telford .
cheers for now and hope you had a good xmas

Mikey D:
He uses a wagon n drag for the E test , id prefer to use proper artic??

Is there a difference? I mean in the license gained?? Hope that doesnt sound stupid? Think you may know what i mean?

Why the preference?

Mark… :blush:

MarkyBoy:

Mikey D:
He uses a wagon n drag for the E test , id prefer to use proper artic??

Is there a difference? I mean in the license gained?? Hope that doesnt sound stupid? Think you may know what i mean?

Why the preference?

Mark… :blush:

TBH it dosent matter weather you use a wagon & drag or an artic for your CE licence

W & D ,& artic, two different types of vehicle will have different ‘connections’ & handle differently :smiley:

bonnie lass:
W & D ,& artic, two different types of vehicle will have different ‘connections’ & handle differently :smiley:

But it still dont matter which 1 you pass in & you could always have a day or so in the other type that you dont take test in

Thank You…

Just personal preference in my case :wink: , id prefer to get more experience of artic , as you are much more likely to drive them in ‘the real world’ :slight_smile:

cheers mike

Well a quick update :wink: just back from the theory test centre , was doing both tests today so opted for the haz perception first .
Not done one before and only practiced on two clips online b :unamused: , but i passed 72 out of 100 pass is 67 . so scraped it :blush:

Did the multi choice next ,i assumed you would have to wait till the apointment time but no straight into it …
passed that ok 100/100 , wasnt certain of a couple of questions but gave it my best shot :grimacing: :grimacing:

pretty chuffed really , next to book the ‘proper’ training !

cheers mike

Well done on the pass

It is a nice feeling when you see that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: