One less HGV driver today

No, not another tragedy!
It’s my birthday,66, and HGV expires at midnight. Not renewing it with cost of medical and doing a CPC , and doubt that I will ever need it again
Feels a bit strange as have had it since I was 18.

Have a long and happy retirement!

Thanks,I actually retired 6 years ago! but kept my licence on"just in case" :smiley:

Happy retirement! :smiley:

Take it easy Buddy, enjoy your retirement you’ve earned it. Anytime you miss the road just think back to all the clueless idiot’s on it and Thank your lucky stars your off it.

All The Best Mate.

del949:
No, not another tragedy!
It’s my birthday,66, and HGV expires at midnight. Not renewing it with cost of medical and doing a CPC , and doubt that I will ever need it again

Retire In Peace :grimacing:

You can always take the D4 medical at any point in the future to re-instate the LGV entitlements gained by passing a test for one year and it will also re-instate the pre 1997 ones for three years

More knowledge gone ,makes you wonder who in the future were going to turn to for advice :frowning: :frowning: but I wish you a long and happy retirement .

Cheers everyone,
Rog, don’t think I will be reinstating it but thanks for the info anyway.
Getting my Nissan Micra next week for my motorway fixes, max speed 54mph in the centre lane!, look for the hat on the rear parcel shelf :smiley:

Enjoy your retirement, you can now rest on your laurels, you’ve earnt it your now entitled to a good pension and a villa in Spain or Cyprus.

I’ve got it all to look forward to, I want to work my ■■■■ off tramping for 25 years then retire.

Best of luck bud, hope you find something good to fill your time.
Speaking as a serial moaner about the job (Yeh…, I know none of you have noticed this, but it’s true :laughing: ) I reckon when I come up to retiring I will find it difficult to adapt, and maybe even miss it :open_mouth: , …there, I’ve said it! :smiley: . It’s been my life for so bloody long.
I would love to have one of those US campers and tour around parts of Europe I’ve done, but had no time to stop and look around. Especially WW1 &2 battlefields which kind of floats my boat, maybe sounds boring to the rest of you, but there you go.

Brae:
I’ve got it all to look forward to, I want to work my ■■■■ off tramping for 25 years then retire.

If you work your ■■■■ off Euro tramping for 25 yrs, you may not see retirement and/or age 35 yrs in 25.
Why not sensibly and leisurely do Euro tramping for 25 yrs instead then retire. :bulb: :bulb:

I gave up because of ill health a couple of months ago :cry: :cry: and I have already adapted my car, I have fitted the 54 mph limiter, I have bought a trilby and a pipe and a plastic rain hood for the wife :smiley: :smiley: I have dumped all the rear view mirrors, and I have been practicing saying “I have never had an accident in 40 years” do I need to do anything else■■?

robroy:

Brae:

If you work your ■■■■ off Euro tramping for 25 yrs, you may not see retirement and/or age 35 yrs in 25.
Why not sensibly and leisurely do Euro tramping for 25 yrs instead then retire. :bulb: :bulb:

Is that possible? I know nothing about euro tramping, but interested to hear if it’s possible to add some downtime into a trip (I would have assumed to be drop off X ASAP, go and pick up Y and get back ASAP).

del949:
No, not another tragedy!

The two happiest days in a truckers life are, 1. when you get your license, 2. in your case…Today! :smiley:

Happy Birthday Del and all the best in your retirement,enjoy. :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

Brae:

Is that possible? I know nothing about euro tramping, but interested to hear if it’s possible to add some downtime into a trip (I would have assumed to be drop off X ASAP, go and pick up Y and get back ASAP).

I didn’t exactly mean go around like a tourist sight seeing, but ‘‘working your ■■■■ off’’ as he put it, suggests running around like some kind of demented idiot, allowing your boss to push you to the limit to the point of chasing your arse off, and not having time to stop for a ■■■■.
No doubt some are daft enough to do that, but it ain’t for me. You can still do this job without treating it like some kind of endurance test.

robroy:

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

Brae:

I didn’t exactly mean go around like a tourist sight seeing, but ‘‘working your ■■■■ off’’ as he put it, suggests running around like some kind of demented idiot, allowing your boss to push you to the limit to the point of chasing your arse off, and not having time to stop for a ■■■■.
No doubt some are daft enough to do that, but it ain’t for me. You can still do this job without treating it like some kind of endurance test.

Bugger, I’d just put my Speedo’s and sun cream on! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You will need a pair of perforated synthetic leather driving gloves and a Botany Bay umbrella on your rear parcel shelf to go with your hat.

Best of luck mate.

P.S. Don’t let desypete groom you for CPC hating.

Got the gloves and a golf umbrella. also have a hi-viz across the back of the drivers seat, plus a window sticker saying "ex c+) so that all you lads can give a quick flash (oo’er matron!)