One Insurance- New sponsor

I would like to welcome One Insurance as a new sponsor of TruckNet UK, the more observant of you all may have noticed the bright new colour scheme reflecting One Insurances brand. :grimacing:
One Insurance will be offering general advice around insurance issues to members here.

They obviously hope to be given the opportunity to quote for any business that members here may have, and as a sponsor are allowed to invite you to call them or follow the web links on any posts that are relevant.

What this sponsorship is not, is a medium to discuss the merits of One Insurance or its competitors, all quotes and individual questions should be directed to One Insurance themselves privately. One Insurance will not enter into any public discussion on individual quotes, claims or any other such issue. All such posts will be removed without warning. All posts, in line with our rules, are expected to be polite and respectful, even if negative, If you cannot comply with that rule then do not post publicaly.

Any comments/on the new look/ or any issues with the new template in here should be posted on this thread in the feedback forum not here and such comments posted here will be moved to the other thread.

TruckNet UKā€™s sponsors are the folks who help us pay the bills, and keep this site free for you all to use and enjoy - please respect that :wink:

Thanks for the introduction Rikki. Weā€™re really pleased to be sponsoring this forum and look forward to working with TruckNet and your members!

As Rikki said weā€™re here to help with insurance advice whether is commercial or personal so please feel free to direct any questions at me or take a look at our website for some more information on us and what we do.

Thanks and look forward to speaking with you all :smiley:

Hi Vicky,

Iā€™ll try to be your first enquirer from TN, so Iā€™ll be sending you a PM in the very near future. :smiley:

Ok itā€™s nice to have sponsored this forum and i am sure you are a very reputable firm so happy with that.
One question
I may want to insure a truck with you ,so i am the customer willing to pay you money, why then use a 0845 number (which makes me pay for that call) so i can spend money with your company.
In other words i am paying for the privilege of giving you my custom in the first place. I do find that odd.Itā€™s like paying an entrance fee to go into a shop. :confused:

Thatā€™s why if you follow the ā€œquoteā€ link button above, you can fill in a form in and they will contact you instead :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Thatā€™s why if you follow the ā€œquoteā€ link button above, you can fill in a form in and they will contact you instead :wink:

your missing the point Rikki ,lots of companies have similar numbers but the same question applies, why should i/you pay to give anyone our valuable money :unamused: .
If they want my business/money etc the let me phone for free not pay for the privilege of giving them my money.

First world problems eh.

Rob K:
First world problems eh.

Itā€™s drifting way off topic I know but IMO 0845 numbers have had their day.

They were introduced as a way of allowing people to call from anywhere in the country for the price of a local call, which a good idea at the time. However now most people seem to have mobile or landline phone deals that include either a generous quota of, or in some cases unlimited, landline calls to anywhere in the country, it is usually cheaper for people to dial a normal landline number at the other end of the country than an 0845 number. I know both my mobile and landline include unlimited 01 and 02 calls in with the monthly fee but on both I have to pay for 0845 callsā€¦

Paul

[removed- different company :unamused: :unamused: ]

Thank you all for the feedback and i hope youā€™re all having a good weekend.

I appreciate that the 0845 number is an issue, unfortunately I am on holiday for 2 weeks but when I am back I will look to see what we can do to get this sorted for you. Whilst I am off our Commercial Account Manager, who will be logged in under this account, will be available to deal with any queries you may have and will post updates on the forum. In the mean time please feel free to send a private message with you details or follow the above link to the contact form and one of my colleagues will call you back free of charge to discuss your insurance needs.

it was a hypothetical question to highlight the use of premium numbers. no need to contact me thanks.

Rikki-UK:
ā€¦ all quotes and individual questions should be directed to One Insurance themselves privately.

I did exactly this and got a very good PM reply late on a Friday, but within about 10 mins of my request. :open_mouth:

It was arranged that Iā€™d be contacted on a day and at a time, which then actually happened.

I can further say that Iā€™ve previously had to have a couple of separate policies to cover my insurance needs and been well fleeced for the privilege. :frowning:

Iā€™ve now got my professional insurance needs combined into one policy and with the bonus that it came at a nice price that honestly surprised me.

:bulb: Fair play to One Insurance, I canā€™t fault them. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Rikki-UK:
ā€¦ all quotes and individual questions should be directed to One Insurance themselves privately.

I did exactly this and got a very good PM reply late on a Friday, but within about 10 mins of my request. :open_mouth:

It was arranged that Iā€™d be contacted on a day and at a time, which then actually happened.

I can further say that Iā€™ve previously had to have a couple of separate policies to cover my insurance needs and been well fleeced for the privilege. :frowning:

Iā€™ve now got my professional insurance needs combined into one policy and with the bonus that it came at a nice price that honestly surprised me.

:bulb: Fair play to One Insurance, I canā€™t fault them. :smiley:

Sounds like a good result and very helpful to get an unbiased opinion on dealings with them.
Lets hope standards are kept up,sounds like a good enough company.

gezt:
Sounds like a good result and very helpful to get an unbiased opinion on dealings with them.
Lets hope standards are kept up,sounds like a good enough company.

Hi gezt,

Yes mate, my documents have now been emailed to me, and Iā€™m still well pleased.

Without giving private matters away, I can say that my professional insurance needs were normally treated by insurance companies as two completely separate policies, one of which was more than Ā£400 on its own.

One Insurance have managed to combine both of my needs into a single policy and even after things like IPT and admin fees I still got change out of Ā£300.

:bulb: I can see that Iā€™ve had a really good deal so itā€™s a big thumbs-up and thanks to Vicky and One Insurance from me. :smiley:

Thank you to dieseldave for the positive feedback. Iā€™m really glad we were able to help you out.

Iā€™d like to pose a question to you all; weā€™ve had a number of you go on our site and complete the request a quote form however weā€™ve struggled to be able to call you at convenient times. Iā€™d like to get some feedback from you on the quote form and whether you think we should change it to include a contact time, or something relevant so you can let us know when you want to be contacted. Weā€™re open Monday - Thursday 9.00am to 7.00pm, Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm and Saturday 9.00am - 1.00pm.

We want to talk to you and give you any advice we can on your insurance needs so any feedback you can give me about the quote form would be greatly appreciated; it doesnā€™t have to be a response on the forum, you can send me an email or send a direct message and iā€™ll get back to you. :smiley:

Due to the very nature of our job office hours are not always suitable but maybe when you get a query you could assign one person who will deal with the customer from start to finish. (ok so they go on holidays etc but at least we would have a main contact) ,This person would do 99% of the policy so would be up to speed on most of the policy/holder.better than ā€œhold the line whilst i get your policy up and check itā€
something along those lines anyway. :slight_smile:

please would you have a look at the post ā€œTruck fireā€ on this forum and post a reply
thanks
R

ā€¦sorry, that should be, ā€œLorry fireā€

This oneā€¦

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106756

We (Motis) would like to sponsor the European Forum. Have been asking but nobody seems to replyā€¦ Please let me know how we can sponsor that part of the forum

Thanks