Ghost01:

nick2008:
that’s about 2 yrs old and theres another one under a motorway that’s a scania

Hello - Really :open_mouth:

yep really :wink:

images.jpg

Ghost01:
I like to give it a drive, why don’y these kind of things develope :sunglasses:

you’ll find a lot of the designs are by artists /design engineer’s looking at getting into motor design and engineering a lot don’t get in but some of the designs are fantastic even to the point of making scaled models much like how its done for the motor industry you then use 3D cad computer programing to bring the whole thing to life :wink:

I think they should put a few in production …

Ghost01:
I think they should put a few in production …

yeah right … its the cost .
The 1st one would cost Millions then everyone after that if you can use the same mouldings divides the cost in half etc till the mouldings / casts are too worn then the process starts all over again…

I picked up a ordinary looking aluminium work table once on a flat bed…

It had been standing in the yard in the open elements for 2 weeks. The foreman said "you need to sheet that Driver "
I just looked at him in disbelief…
Yes I did need to sheet it the description on the paperwork also had an insurance cost /estimate on it …

1 Engineering dye casting unit .(posh words for a table) £2,000,000

Yep I rang the boss he confirmed that they - The client - had taken out a special policy due to the value

Point taken, shame tho :wink:

I would be more then happy with the Volvo VN. Plenty of living space and it’s got the ishift box

Ghost01:
I like to give it a drive, why don’y these kind of things develope :sunglasses:

Because the whole heavy truck industry has preferred passing off slightly different bumper and grilles for genuine product development for the past half century.

I would argue that striking designs do make it to production. The Actros which is my favourite, but the Volvo and to a lesser extent the Renault are also as striking. You may not like them but put one next to a previous generation of any of them and the last models look very old very fast

Who can remember the Scania Stax. Looks a bit like a Micro Machine :smiley:

That Volvo is FUGLY mind I see why its so high its designed to pull double decker trailers so that if you get the unit through the bridge the trailer will be okay and an added bonus being that high when you look in the mirrors you have a nice view of the unsecured dodgy pallets hanging in the curtain, Aye clever bunch these Volvo lads. Eddie.

maybe its me but I reckon that is one ugly motor

I think it’s a cracking looking motor but in reality it’s so low it’ll be difficult not to catch kerbs or a Ferry ramp.

There is a photo on Flickr of a new Volvo FH with the
bottom half of the cab camouflaged with a big protruding
bumper. I would think Volvo are testing a eu safety nose.

Here is a Merc :smiley: