One for the trampers......merc or renault

Not the ideal choice but coming out of a Daf CF into either a Renault Premium or hitlers revenge the Axor.

Be good to get genuine pros and cons for tramping in either & which would you opt for??

Christ! Inbetween a rock and hard place there chap!

Renault any day if the choice was between an backsore or premium.

Comfortable seat, bunk and plenty of storage

Gembo:
Christ! Inbetween a rock and hard place there chap!

Lol yep, not the ideal choice is it !!

No contest between those two. Renault wins hands down.

Renault for the comfort and ishift gearbox.

Reno m8 everytime,are they going to be brand new :question:

seth 70:
Reno m8 everytime,are they going to be brand new :question:

No, the Axor is 13 reg 2543 & Renault is 60 reg 460.

Renault no argument

Still the reno buddy ,ask for it to be valeted though if you are living in it ,i think it will be that light brown velour inside,your boss is a tight ■■■■ by the way :frowning:

You should keep the cf or get a fm but if you can’t the renault is the best you will never hear a good thing about a axor

Axor 2543s wouldn’t pull a greasy stick out of a dogs ‘arris ! Whereas the Renault 460s will pith all over it for performance ! But both still not ideal for tramping ! But hey oh’ ya gets what yas given !

Gotta say I agree with everyone on here. I’ve never driven a decent merc in 24 years. I was recently given a 2013 Actros bigspace, and I hated it. Uncomfortable seat, heavy steering, poor brakes and a bunk like a park bench. I stuck with it for a couple of months, then swapped it for an FH.

Renault.

Hell, I’d rather tie a harness around myself and drag the trailers around than drive a Merc Backsore.

I drive a Premium and they’re ok to drive, not tramping at the moment but will be soon and have in the past, storage is limited, especially if your under bunk lockers are full of stuff for the job, but you manage.

I used to tramp in a Renault Premium, and not a lot wrong with it.
it does lack storage space especially for outside gear, the trim is the wrong colour and seems to attract muck, good seat covers are a worthwhile investment.

But really not a bad truck at all, you learn to deal with the space and anyway what do you need all that space for these days?
Sat Nav means no boxes of A to Z’s to carry, MP3 players means you don’t need loads of CD’s or tapes, and laptops, Ipads and flat screen telly means you don’t need to carry a bulky and heavy old portable telly around. And with a fridge you don’t have to strap your cool box to the passenger seat.
so really there’s loads of room for a spare pair of pants a toothbrush and a towel. :laughing:

Boo9729:
Not the ideal choice but coming out of a Daf CF into either a Renault Premium or hitlers revenge the Axor.

Be good to get genuine pros and cons for tramping in either & which would you opt for??

Both are just for Woman and Eunuchs.

Not enough Legroom if you have Testicls

Immigrant:

Boo9729:

Or they’re for real men (or women :smiley: ) who don’t feel they need a big cab and a badge to prove it. :wink:

muckles:

Immigrant:

Boo9729:

Or they’re for real men (or women :smiley: ) who don’t feel they need a big cab and a badge to prove it. :wink:

I guess those that need a big cab are lacking elsewhere :wink: lol

On a serious note though, many thanks for all the feedback guys. Fingers crossed I can talk my way into the renault and not the merc !!

At the end of the day I’m sure I’ll cope with either. Only things I’m really bothered about are the ability to stand up in a cab & what goes into my bank at the end of the wk :slight_smile:

You know what they say big cab small…

irish lorries:
You know what they say big cab small…

air deflector?