One for the driver trainers

Cast your minds back to July 2007, the standards of training trucks was changed, they had to have solid sided bodies, abs, and a minimum of 8 forward gears (range change).

Nowadays you can take your test in an auto, and get a full manual entitlement. What would happen if you turned up for test in a 6 speed truck■■?

What would happen if you turned up for test in a 6 speed truck■■?

No problem.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

minimum of 8 forward gears (range change).

Just re-read the OP. Interestingly, the 8 forward gears was originally interpreted as a range change but, very quickly, a splitter was accepted. So some folks passed a test on a 6 speed split with minimal or no use of the splitter. A nice powerful truck would motor along happily without the need for the “half” gears. Bear in mind that the trucks were still empty at this point. (I wish they still were - but that’s another issue!)

A little bit of nonsense but may be interesting.

Hang on, Pete…the truck is loaded on the test now?

steviespain:
Hang on, Pete…the truck is loaded on the test now?

Yep ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, they are loaded. But only 5 tonnes on a rigid and 8 tonnes on artic. So what I said

A nice powerful truck would motor along happily without the need for the “half” gears.

is correct.

Clearly if the truck is low powered and/or tired, the half gears will be very handy.