One for the bikers

epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22251

Have a read up and sign this petition.

Basically they’re on about not allowing modifacations, working on your own bike, filtering etc.

Done! my loud can wakes up dozy friggin cagers :imp: and helps keep me alive

wonder when they’ll try the same with trucks - no kelsa bars, frilly curtains…on the other hand :laughing:

I thought this had gone away, :imp: Basically trying to get rid of a group of road users. Probably funded by the car manufacturers.
The fitting of only original equipment, will that include tyres, brake pads etc? Even if the replacements are better.
As for not allowing bikes over 7 years old into cities, that’s includes me with a 2003 VFR completely standard or before that it would have been my BMW K100 also standard and as quiet as a car.
Anti social bikers don’t help though. :imp:

And for all you that read this and only drive a car when not at work, it might be you next.
How many of you have a car over 7 years old?
Or have replaced worn out components with patten parts from the likes of Halfords?
Or even put a different brand of tyres on?

It’s obvious that if the zb’s can get away with that type of zb concerning bikes then it’ll be cars next.It’s probably got more to do with British LibDems,green voters and zb brake than the eu considering some of the stuff that tuners like Brabus etc can do to make a Merc go amongst all the other ideas that people have been able to do over the years to their own cars both here and throughout europe.

If they then applied it retrospectively it would put a lot of already modified cars off the road including my own.If not I’d better get on with doing some more modifications to make it even quicker before the zb’s outlaw it all.

But if it’s been ok to make unlimited modifications to road cars and bikes all these years why the big deal now and what’s suddenly changed to make the need to stop it all :question: .Total bunch of zb LibDem/green voting zb’s :imp: :imp:

Carryfast:
It’s obvious that if the zb’s can get away with that type of zb concerning bikes then it’ll be cars next.It’s probably got more to do with British LibDems,green voters and zb brake than the eu considering some of the stuff that tuners like Brabus etc can do to make a Merc go amongst all the other ideas that people have been able to do over the years to their own cars both here and throughout europe.

If they then applied it retrospectively it would put a lot of already modified cars off the road including my own.If not I’d better get on with doing some more modifications to make it even quicker before the zb’s outlaw it all.

But if it’s been ok to make unlimited modifications to road cars and bikes all these years why the big deal now and what’s suddenly changed to make the need to stop it all :question: .Total bunch of zb LibDem/green voting zb’s :imp: :imp:

+1 Exactly right.

stevieboy308:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22251

Basically they’re on about not allowing modifacations, working on your own bike, filtering etc.

Have you got a link to the proposed legislation because the epetition has been ongoing since 2008 in various forms.

Wheel Nut:

stevieboy308:
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22251

Have you got a link to the proposed legislation because the epetition has been ongoing since 2008 in various forms.

I just read a post on a gsxr forum and copied the link

I’d be screwed if they made this law for already modified bikes… mines an 88 fzr 1000… only original parts left on it are the tank and the frame…