One for the agency drivers

Do you get much work on saturdays■■?

reason i ask is ive been on the agency a couple of weeks now and i keep asking for saturday work but none has come up yet and im so booooorrrrrrreeeeeedddd out my mind i cant handle 2 days off together so much so that ive even resorted to talking to the wife occasionally

simon

best thing to do is say o by the way i dont work saturdays ! then the phone wont stop ringing !!!

Not really on Agency these days, but see plenty of people pleading for drivers to work for Supermarkets over weekends. Does your Agency have this kind of work, or do you need to look elsewhere?

Thats unusual Simon :exclamation: Most company drivers don’t want to work on weekends and are usually replaced by agency.
When I work for Tesco Saturday had three times the agency drivers on site :exclamation:

My Agency was forever asking me to work w/e and I always refused…

Mind you, the last time was a fortnight ago and have not heard from 'em since - must be a moral in that story somewhere.

I’ve never had any problems getting work at weekends if I want it, agency or direct from companies.
In fact talking to a m8 a few days ago he was moaning about being expected to work every Saturday by his agency.

Not Saturdays, but Sundays regular as clockwork - although only through one company :confused: .

I’m always being asked to work on saturdays but usually only when I’ve got my kids, and not being asked to work when I haven’t got my kids.

You don’t want it… It’s orrible… :open_mouth:

Today I have mostly been doing 6 drops to Kwiksave and SF around…
BIRMINGHAM… My favourite place… :confused:

On a saturday, round all the small shopping area’s (Mosley, garrets green, etc), muppets everywhere, cars abandoned… everywhere… Pedestrians… EVERYWHERE…

I’d stay in bed if I were you…

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Sign on with other agencies, no rule says you can only work for one.

Just about every agency sends people into Safeways, ask to be sent in they are desperate for weekend workers.

Ladytrucker679:
Just about every agency sends people into Safeways, ask to be sent in they are desperate for weekend workers.

…As long as you’ve got 2+ years’ experience. :frowning:

I got my first night’s experience in Safeways, didn’t have a clue what I was doing but muddled through. I think the agency were being a bit shady but you could always just tell em you’ve got 2 years experience, just take your time. Some guys with 2 years experience are still poor at driving them, like myself!

Silver_Surfer:
I got my first night’s experience in Safeways, didn’t have a clue what I was doing but muddled through. I think the agency were being a bit shady but you could always just tell em you’ve got 2 years experience, just take your time. Some guys with 2 years experience are still poor at driving them, like myself!

Driving uninsured on my first C+E job, with Safeway’s having written proof of me lying to them about my experience? No thanks.

What written proof? Just tell the agency you’ve got 2 years experience (or in my case that you have no experience and they give you the job anyway, no lying on my part) and I doubt you’d be uninsured just because you haven’t got 2 years experience although I may be wrong. They train there own people in the wagons they use and give them a job effectively with “no experience”, unless you jump in you’ll find work pretty thin on the ground. Let’s face it, if you have some experience on 7.5 tonners and class 2’s plus a driver’s common sense it’s not rocket science.

Silver_Surfer:
What written proof?

You obviously haven’t read my other thread:wink:

A piece of paper saying “I confirm that I have held a Category C+E license for at least 2 years” with my signature on the bottom would probably be considered as “written proof” of me lying… :slight_smile:

Silver_Surfer:
Just tell the agency you’ve got 2 years experience (or in my case that you have no experience and they give you the job anyway, no lying on my part) and I doubt you’d be uninsured just because you haven’t got 2 years experience although I may be wrong.

“Insurance” was the reason I was given for being turned away (by Safeway, not the agency). They might find it difficult to prove that someone doesn’t have 2 years’ experience, but they can certainly prove that I’ve only had a license for 3 weeks.

It’s certainly realistic that they could have a minimum “held license for 2+ years” clause on their insurance policy. Lots of car/van hire companies have similar clauses on their insurance.

Silver_Surfer:
They train there own people in the wagons they use and give them a job effectively with “no experience”

The situation might be different with Safeway employees (as opposed to agency drivers), or it might be vary between different RDCs. I’m just relaying what happened to me at Safeway Patchway.

I was trying to get it sorted to work Sat to Tues and have the reast of the week off, but events took me off the road. And to be honest, I was getting a lot of promises but not much reality! Maybe i was just trying the wrong agencies.