One for tachograph

Got told by new driver on Friday night that of you do a 15 hr day and return to base then you have to have 11 at home which is how he answered it he said he would have failed if put 9 hrs break at base he’s been driving 2 years

dont matter if it base or a layby if you do a 15 then it,s a 9 off regardless if you have an 11.

alix776:
Got told by new driver on Friday night that of you do a 15 hr day and return to base then you have to have 11 at home which is how he answered it he said he would have failed if put 9 hrs break at base he’s been driving 2 years

I assume you mean he took some sort of test or assessment and that was one of the questions, I have no idea what that was about but the regulations don’t say you have to have 11 hours rest after a 15 hour shift that ends at base.

In fact if you do a 15 hour spread-over on a single manned journey you have a reduced daily rest period regardless of how many hours rest you have because you can only fit nine hours into the 24 hour period.

You can legally do a 15 hour spread-over from the start of the shift to the end of the shift and then have a 9 hour reduced daily rest period at base … that’s assuming you have a reduced daily rest period available obviously :smiley:

I understand all that it was him being told on his theory that he has to have 11 at base and he’s under or was untill Friday night