One for Pete (Windrush)

Facebook 11th March - Aiden Shady Adey Charlesworth has posted a photo of an a Tilcon Foden abandoned near Cheadle in Abandoned lorries past and present - sorry, can’t post a link to the pic.
Might you know it?

Steve

This one ?

foden14.PNG

That’s the one - Pete will be in Heaven!

Steve

Ste46:
That’s the one - Pete will be in Heaven!

Steve

Heaven eh? :confused: The Late Roy Beresfords lorry that he drove internally to feed the lower block plant, it wasn’t ever a ‘road lorry’ at Ballidon but came from another quarry and was only ever used on internal work. Gardner 180 engine. It had a remote lever for the taildoor so that Roy could keep himself clear of the hopper. The inside of the cab was that clean you could eat you lunch off it, I bet it still has Roys moniker ‘BEZ’ written in white paint on the front panel. Apart from that I know nowt about it…

Pete.

The Tilcon Oracle!!

Steve

Don’t know how you do it Pete I remember Roy running to the block plant but how you recognised it in that state I don’t know.

malmic:
Don’t know how you do it Pete I remember Roy running to the block plant but how you recognised it in that state I don’t know.

I’m not that clever Mick, someone posted a pic of it a few years ago in the same location before the vegetation took over! :wink: Roy has long gone but his Foden lives on…but only just.

Pete.

Like I said - The Tilcon Oracle!

Steve

Could it be still ripe for a resto?
Any takers?

bestbooties:
Any takers?

I gather that the owner refuses to part with it despite many inquiries, the gearbox and a few other parts are missing I believe.

Pete.

windrush:

bestbooties:
Any takers?

I gather that the owner refuses to part with it despite many inquiries, the gearbox and a few other parts are missing I believe.

Pete.

I’ve come across that so many times Pete – “not for sale, I’m going to do something with it one day”. Usual scenario, the day never comes, owner either gets health issues and can’t do owt or worse, turns up his toes, by which time it’s deteriorated so much it goes for scrap.
Bernard