One for Conor

Was on Taunton Deane north last Tuesday dinner time and a howdens daf cf pulled on and he had the ridiculous Angles Morts stickers on the doors and a uk sticker on the back of the cab , do these boys actually go over the water ? Or has he just put them on for a laugh :confused:

He might have INDIA on the tyre but he may not ever go there .

Maybe he’s an ex Euro driver,.and he had some stickers left,.so just stuck them on there.
I’ve got a ‘‘Truckwash & Go Koggenstraat Bruges Belgium’’ sticker on the back of my truck, but the furthest I go these days is Cornwall. :smiley:

Ah Howdens, the Blue chip company, pmsl, in and out of the FTSE 100 faster than an Ethiopian chasing a chicken.

I saw a Maritime lorry with the same stickers, and an additional sticker with “Humanitarian Convoy” written on it, presumably going to Ukraine (I saw it back when Russia invaided). Perhaps Howdens are doing something similar?

I think we should be told!

largebloke1969:
Was on Taunton Deane north last Tuesday dinner time and a howdens daf cf pulled on and he had the ridiculous Angles Morts stickers on the doors and a uk sticker on the back of the cab , do these boys actually go over the water ? Or has he just put them on for a laugh :confused:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 3&t=172475

Howdens apparently have a depot in Lille.

largebloke1969:

Yep, we go over the water to France and Ireland. Howdens have done France for some time but used to use third party hauliers like XPO for everything.

fuse:

His tyre will be a bit perished if it has, India Tyres closed down in 1980. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

fuse:

His tyre will be a bit perished if it has, India Tyres closed down in 1980. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats bad news. When on the bus I have been asked is it going to Stirling/ Perth whatever. I would say no Its got India on the tyres and not going there either.