One For Chester To Ponder Over

questia.com/newspaper/1G1-1 … ts-in-city

1300 cyclists caught in just 2 square miles…

will that not just be the ones they caught red handed physically? its not as if they can send a camera fine to some lycra clad tree hugger fanny on a pushbike. :confused:

Exactly my point…

chester:

The-Snowman:
They dont do it in their vehicles because they can be traced but will do it on their bike because of lack of accountability.
Nice try though Chester, but a flat on your face fail yet again.

You must have forgotten about the 67,000 motorists that were caught running red lights in 2015 alone.

Not really (again)
I never said no motorists ever ran red lights. I was merely pointing out the flawed logic in your attempt to pass off cyclists running red lights as motorists.
But since you bring it up, how many of those 67000 wouldnt have been caught if not for number plates though? Or were post-humuosly caught by camera automatically? 99% of them im guessing. Maybe bikes should have them? Just a thought

The-Snowman:

chester:

The-Snowman:
They dont do it in their vehicles because they can be traced but will do it on their bike because of lack of accountability.
Nice try though Chester, but a flat on your face fail yet again.

You must have forgotten about the 67,000 motorists that were caught running red lights in 2015 alone.

Not really (again)
I never said no motorists ever ran red lights. I was merely pointing out the flawed logic in your attempt to pass off cyclists running red lights as motorists.
But since you bring it up, how many of those 67000 wouldnt have been caught if not for number plates though? Or were post-humuosly caught by camera automatically? 99% of them im guessing. Maybe bikes should have them? Just a thought

+1…you may like to add,insurance,licence,test,proficiency,and a bundle of h&s dung seeing as they are so vulnerable to everyone else on the road as well as being such a hinderance that most other users detest the sight of them.

chester:

m1cks:
I think what he means is on your posts you always have an attitude that all cyclists are ‘holier than thou’ and this article just goes to show that they’re not

I have never said or thought anything of the sort.
I have always maintained that idiots can ride bikes, or drive cars even LGVs

I have always maintained that idiots shouldn’t ride bikes, drive cars or LGVs.

The-Snowman:

chester:
It’s motorists on bikes who are running red lights, who’d have thought.

Not really.
Unless they are in a car they are not a motorist. If they are on a bike, they are a cyclist. Therefor its still cyclists on bikes running red lights.

I fully agree that someone riding a bicycle is a cyclist,
But when given figures from TruckNet forum posters state that 95% of cyclists have driving entitlements. It then gives myself and the other 5% of cyclists a bad name.
I thought people who wish to drive a motorised vehicle had to pass some sort of test?

Is stopping at traffic lights when showing red not part of that test?
I would lambast the authorities and get it included immediately if this is not the case.

Stop it Chester. You’re just embarressing yourself now

The 95% I quoted earlier was like 16.67% of all statistics and was made up on the spot :blush:

So I have done a little bit of research and I am now of the opinion from the various different sources (and they all differ a little) that for people over the age of 18; 80% of cyclists have a full UK driving licence. and that 15% of all drivers cycle at least twice a month.

If you wish to avoid cyclists then avoid Oxford & Cambridgeshire which would appear to be the UKs cycling hotspots (the cleverest in the land cycle the most!). The area least popular with cyclists are Peterborough and Woking (so go and drive there)

The-Snowman:

embarrassing…?

Has snowtroll the grammar ■■■■ made a faux pas?

Bluey Circles:
The 95% I quoted earlier was like 16.67% of all statistics and was made up on the spot :blush:

So your really saying, you don’t really have a clue?
Am I right?

chester:

The-Snowman:

embarrassing…?
Has snowtroll the grammar ■■■■ made a faux pas?

Love grammar Nazis when the fall, they fall.

The-Snowman:

Really!
Have you not read what you have posted?
As a self proclaimed grammar ■■■■!
Bit of a hindrance now, would you say?

Looks like there’s nobody in @ Trucknet atm, Ches’ .

Please try later. :smiley: :smiley:

Socketset:
Looks like there’s nobody in @ Trucknet atm, Ches’ .

Please try later. :smiley: :smiley:

You’ve ruined it mate, we all had bets that he’d get to 6 or 7 of his own posts in a row! :smiley:

Ah Chester. Ya loveable trollin’ rogue.
Calling me a grammar ■■■■ yet pulling me up for a spelling mistake while neither I or anyone else mentions your punctuation or spelling errors
You’re hilarious.
I know it’s difficult for you to post during the week what with schools being in and all but maybe you shouldnt post at weekends either as you don’t seem to be very good at effective trolling.
Just something for you to ponder over

chester:

Bluey Circles:

So I have done a little bit of research and I am now of the opinion from the various different sources (and they all differ a little) that for people over the age of 18; 80% of cyclists have a full UK driving licence. and that 15% of all drivers cycle at least twice a month.

So your really saying, you don’t really have a clue?
Am I right?

In fairness to myself Chester; when I realised you kept quoting my guestimate I did go and sourced some proper figures, which I have added back into your post as presumably you had accidentally deleted them.

And I do find the figure of only 80% of cyclists over the age of 18 that also have a driving licence as odd.

There is 50.6m people over the age of 17
And there is 45.5m driving licences in the UK
Therefore 90% of people old enough to drive have a licence
Therefor at least 90% of cyclist over 18 must have a licence

The official figures just don’t add up - I reckon my original guess was better than the governments own figures!

The-Snowman:
Ah Chester. Ya loveable trollin’ rogue.
Calling me a grammar ■■■■ yet pulling me up for a spelling mistake while neither I or anyone else mentions your punctuation or spelling errors
You’re hilarious.
I know it’s difficult for you to post during the week what with schools being in and all but maybe you shouldnt post at weekends either as you don’t seem to be very good at effective trolling.
Just something for you to ponder over

Phew, that’s a relief Snowy, I thought for a moment you were going to use the C word…

Crayons :open_mouth:

Nice to read that the coroner made a point of absolving the hgv driver.
oxfordmail.co.uk/news/149109 … f=mrb&lp=1

Makes a change.