One for all the Stobart Fans

According to an article in the News&Star, the local Carlisle newspaper.The Stobart Goup have posted a half yearly profit of £12.4 Million. The major part of it coming from the £190 Million turnover of the ESL Road Haulage and Warehousing section. You will need to scroll down the page to get to the article. news-and-star.co.uk . I,m sure that all of their many fans on TNUK will wish to congratulate them.

They’ll be catching Wincanton soon enough. It’s a joke, Winc trurn over 2 billion quid and only make 30 million bob profit. Wouldn’t get out of bed for that profit margin… :smiley:

I’m still waiting for a wage rise :unamused: :unamused:

ah, so that’s why my shares have gone up in value :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:
It’s a joke, Winc trurn over 2 billion quid and only make 30 million bob profit.

Doesnt sound like much profit especially when the income is £2billion but think of everything they have to pay out. You couldnt begin to type what there outlay is.

Rick B:

Same here.

On the other hand, I’m happy that I’m still in employment…

me to were my pay rise…bet wont get one this year either…

TruckingHell:

Rick B:

Same here.

Thought you lot had just had a pay rise at the beginning of october

clicky

:wink:

TruckingHell:

Rick B:

Same here.

No payrise in at least 3 years or more STOBARTS should be ashamed announcing profit margins and no payrises.To strike break aswell with Royal Mail

redboxer850:
clicky

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Rick B:

redboxer850:
clicky

i found it quite funny to be honest, but give it a year or two and it might not be so funny as it could well be true

ady1:

Rick B:

redboxer850:
clicky

i found it quite funny to be honest, but give it a year or two and it might not be so funny as it could well be true

You can bet your life on it being down to minimum wage in a few years

the only increases were in tax free bonus which have been scrapped for new drivers.

Supply and demand gents, they’ve got blokes Qing round the block to wear the red and green and parade in fancy dan motors. Market forces.

well i have got on casual , i never rung them £7.20 an hr? ■■■■ that ok if your tramping but im better of on agency self employed :open_mouth:

Silver_Surfer:
Supply and demand gents, they’ve got blokes Qing round the block to wear the red and green and parade in fancy dan motors. Market forces.

380 g-cab, fancy dan motor :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,shhhh s.s when stobarts read that ill be getting a bog-standard fleet motor next, not a fancy dan g-cab :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:

Silver_Surfer:

380 g-cab, fancy dan motor :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ,shhhh s.s when stobarts read that ill be getting a bog-standard fleet motor next, not a fancy dan g-cab :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is’nt it the same lot who’ve just got rid of 30 trucks worth of work hauling fruit and veg from Spain to Dagenham and put it all on the railway and got themselves congratulated for their ‘green’ credentials for it in the commie press?.

slackeye:
well i have got on casual , i never rung them £7.20 an hr? [zb] that ok if your tramping but im better of on agency self employed :open_mouth:

be carefull slackeye as its easy to get visions of 7.20 p.h ending up as 350 p.w,[that was my vision when it was first quoted to me :cry: :cry:7.20x50=350 ish ], its the vision of alot of other drivers on other firms, but yes it maybee 7.20[9.80 most of the time for me,early starts+add ons]but as this week it ends up as 729 .oo,[thats days,no nights out,but loads of hours],my basics just over 500 pounds[remember add ons].
i know lots of our agency earn less than me,there hourly rates actually less than mine , there not getting 5/6 days p.w, 2/3/4.
example
mate gets 9.00 p.h,gar 50 hrs,5 evenings p.w[wouldnt get out of bed for 7.20 p.h,zb stobarts] ,couldnt understand why i wouldnt go and work with him for 450 p.w when i only get his imaginery 350.00 p.w [7.20x50]. he was getting.
he was more than a little :open_mouth: :open_mouth: when he saw my payslips,most weeks 200+ more than him,this week nearly 300 more,it doesnt matter what he does he cant earn more than 450 ,thats his lot whether he does 10 or 15 hrs.you ask him now what hed rather have my 729.00 or his 450.
which is what im trying to say[not very well i might add is],in actual fact go for it, ignore me,my heads hurting ,best of luck

i like you say agency is ok when there is work , i worked general haulage last year for 18 mo0nths it was ■■■■ 3 or 4 nights out 50 65 hrs +a week and the biggest wage i got was 500 and that was with my expenses on top, i d rather work agency 3 or 5 days and get 400 ,590 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: no nights out and u can work when and were u like suits me

It’s been tosh on the agency for me, the agencies are only as good as their clients and even then only help you if they are busy. Peaks and troughs help no one personally I have started f/t but on lower pay to get out of the house more often if you know what I mean…

But in essence if the agency is good and busy then I know where your coming from…

Good luck with this topic

Agencies you either love them or hate them :wink: Bit like Jonnie Foreigner really eh :question: :question:

It’s only really worth going on the agency if you’re best mates with the the guy who runs it and he will phone you first when a job comes in.

G Cab? it’s a new Scania ain’t it, I bet you get your shades on and pose past all the ladies in the town centres (with your new schmitz reefer on), go on admit it! :laughing: (and at least you ain’t in a P-cab!) Shudder.