One driver from new!

Do any of you think you could cover this sort of mileage in less than 3 years■■? Claim to only have one driver from new.

trucks.autotrader.co.uk/used-tru … 60c3600389

670,000KM thats over 4000km a week!

i can easy do 2000 + with no nights out so if it was a trunk and ran day night and possibly weekends then easy id say

Isn’t it an 05 plate?

098Joe:
Isn’t it an 05 plate?

You know that feeling when just as you hit send button you realise it is too late!!!

private plate, and yes on euro work double manned easily.

we used to need 3000km a week as a min when at ferrymasters to make it worthwhile.

098Joe:
Isn’t it an 05 plate?

Private reg. It says 2012 reg

8 legger:
Do any of you think you could cover this sort of mileage in less than 3 years■■? Claim to only have one driver from new.

woodnt be legal anymore (?)

Ours are run day night and mine easily & regularly clocked 20000+ every month…my old trunk to Cannock was over 400+ every night and with the day driver doing a Manchester or Ivy Bridge or even just a double Northampton, 3000km/month is nothing these days.

90kph * 45hrs a week * 52 weeks a year * 2 years = 421,200km

Thats the max any driver can do. Before you start saying you can do more driving in a single week, yes you can but you cannot go over your fortnightly 90hrs driving.

One of our motors does over 350,000 a year but its double manned nightshift and single dayshift.

8 legger:

No, it claims to have one owner. The one owner 59/60 plate trucks at Howdens which have just been replaced had over a million km on and they weren’t running 7 days a week every week but they were mostly running double shifted.

4000km a week is easily done double shifting a wagon 5 days a week depending on the type of work. I did 580km on Monday night, the same again last night and only drove 7.5hrs each day.

ONE IN THE MORNING , ONE IN THE AFTERNOON, AND ONE IN THE EVENING, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Blimey guys, it says one owner, not one driver. A day man, a night trunk and a weekend part timer could easily do that mileage.

wheelnutt:
Blimey guys, it says one owner, not one driver. A day man, a night trunk and a weekend part timer could easily do that mileage.

HAVE YOU READ THE ADVERT!!! :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

PPH:

wheelnutt:

HAVE YOU READ THE ADVERT!!! :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

It says one owner in the bullet points and one driver in the spiel below that so there is room for miss-understanding. You did see both didn’t you !!! :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Possibly one regular driver and other drivers using the vehicle when the regular driver is on rest, it’s not an unusual situation these days.

If that’s what’s happening it’s a bit misleading to say one driver from new though.

Am I the only person who’s getting ropey old Magnums in the ‘You may also like’ section?

mjgriffithstransport.co.uk/i … Banner.jpg

Well, it does moderately more than 90kph, and it runs a night trunk from Lancs to Heathrow, so maybe it’s correct, although thankfully it doesn’t say one good driver as that would be false advertising.

Decent truck for someone. If it ran seven days a week, and no reason why it wouldn’t as Heathrow runs 365 days a year and did 700 k’s a night it would do that mileage easily. Apart from traffic, which it could miss a lot of by using M6toll road it could average 80k’s quite easily. Vast majority would be motorway miles. Looks in great condition and if it has been serviced well ( why wouldn’t it be if needed to run that intensively) it will be a bargain for its next owner.

8 legger:

They have “generous” limiters on their trucks so are able to cover more mileage than your average driver :wink: