One day done 4 to go

Well did my 1st DCPC yesterday :unamused: i did learn something though

The coffee was rank the food could have been better and it was a waste of time and money…
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Interesting Nick, did you pay for it yourself or was it your employer?

Alex

I learned something new yesturday.
A Totton based haulier has set themselves up to do CPC training, specifically to train their own drivers. However they are adament that it isn`t their responsibility to provide training for their own staff, either wholey or partly funded by them. So as the driver is the owner of the LGV/HGV entitlement, they are insisting that its the drivers responsibility to fund the CPC.
So they have sent out a letter to every driver asking them to sign for & allow a £3 per week wages deduction to pay for 1 days (7hrs) training per year (5day/35hrs over 5 years).
Now AFAIK thats £3x 52 x 5yrs = £780?

this will happen more and more were there is money to be made

£3 per week wages deduction to pay for 1 days (7hrs) training per year

£156 per year !!! - many courses cheaper than that.

Legally, the drivers DO NOT have to agree to have their wages deducted for this.

they are insisting that its the drivers responsibility to fund the CPC

It is but it is also the drivers CHOICE as to WHO they pay for it

peirre:
I learned something new yesturday.
A Totton based haulier has set themselves up to do CPC training, specifically to train their own drivers. However they are adament that it isn`t their responsibility to provide training for their own staff, either wholey or partly funded by them. So as the driver is the owner of the LGV/HGV entitlement, they are insisting that its the drivers responsibility to fund the CPC.
So they have sent out a letter to every driver asking them to sign for & allow a £3 per week wages deduction to pay for 1 days (7hrs) training per year (5day/35hrs over 5 years).
Now AFAIK thats £3x 52 x 5yrs = £780?

i would like to know if they sign the letter. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Scarab:
Interesting Nick, did you pay for it yourself or was it your employer?

Alex

Agency stumped up the money we just pay the agency back £30 not too bad since we had lunch if you could call it that :laughing:

A boss can offer training on his premises if he fulfils all of the criteria from JAUPT.His employees have the right to take their trade elsewhere.

alamcculloch:
A boss can offer training on his premises if he fulfils all of the criteria from JAUPT.His employees have the right to take their trade elsewhere.

And they would be fools not to do so.

this is my first post, been lurkin in the shadows for a while, cant believe that we are falling for all this crap. we must be the only industry to pay for the right to work ie medicals, cpc, digicard lets stick together for once and refuse to pay . rant over