One careful lady owner!

I was idly browsing this morning, when I came across a US site offering used trucks. Not having much knowledge about their trucks and values etc, I looked closer and found what an absolute bargain you can get there. Check this out:

It’s a 2004 Kenworth T600 sleeper (!), 475 bhp, 480,000 miles, and the price converts to £28,000 otr!!! Considering the price of a similarly specced scania (it would have to be a long line or a t cab, or both…) that’s one hell of a bargian!! I don’t know what the comparisons would be in build quality, etc, etc, what do you think??

Build quality…■■ What build quality, I hate KW and Peterbilt, they have giant sleepers, but the cabs are built for midgets. The driver and passenger sit so close together, you could pick each others noses and not even have to stretch…!!!
I wouldn’t buy this heap, even if you gave me it for free. Give me a VN780 Volvo any day of the week, even my Freightliner Columbia is better than any of the Paccar stuff ehre. Although I have seen a Premium cabbed Kenworth straight(rigid) truck at the KW dealers here in Phoenix. There are also a couple of Mack badged ones running around.
Trust me, you dont know how good the trucks are in Europe until you come and drive these boneshaking American trucks. They really are not the dogs whatsits, Renault, Scania, Volvo and DAF, bring them over here, give me a real truck to drive.

Stu

thats why we dont have a british truck industry anymore !!.as
long as you get the cash at the end of the week who cares what
you drive.GET IN IT,GET IT DONE,GO HOME .

These KW’s are junk, believe me I owned a 2001 KW 900L 26- " wheel base with 72 " studio sleeper, at the same time I owned a Volvo 770 , 77 " sleeper 243" wheelbase, both trucks speced the same as far as engine and ■■■■■■ went, 500 HP Detroit / 13 speed ■■■■■■.
The Volvo was like riding in a Cadillac, the KW was like sitting in a Massey Ferguson as you crossed a ploughed field. First trip out in the KW when it was brand new I was laying back in the sleeper getting ready for a good sleep, it was raining outside, but then again it was raini8ng inside to, water was running down the inside walls like a waterfall, it was leaking around the sleeper window. Another time I was driving in the rain in it, and i kept getting water dripping on my head, water was leaking through the roof cab lights then into stereo speaker then onto my head.
I didn’t have any problems with the Volvo, I got rid of it with 1 million miles on it, the KW I got rid of with 270,000 miles on it. The Volvo was a 1999 model, list price was close to $120,000, KW was 2001 listed for $127,000 and it was JUNK.
Thats my tuppence worth

Munchman:
Build quality…■■ What build quality, I hate KW and Peterbilt, they have giant sleepers, but the cabs are built for midgets. The driver and passenger sit so close together, you could pick each others noses and not even have to stretch…!!!
I wouldn’t buy this heap, even if you gave me it for free. Give me a VN780 Volvo any day of the week, even my Freightliner Columbia is better than any of the Paccar stuff ehre. Although I have seen a Premium cabbed Kenworth straight(rigid) truck at the KW dealers here in Phoenix. There are also a couple of Mack badged ones running around.
Trust me, you dont know how good the trucks are in Europe until you come and drive these boneshaking American trucks. They really are not the dogs whatsits, Renault, Scania, Volvo and DAF, bring them over here, give me a real truck to drive.

Stu

You want to see this man get emotional while he’s eating his curry just tell him how good American trucks are…the vindaloo starts flying everywhere :unamused:
By the way Stu I have found a Scania dealership down Mexico way for ya!

I’m not really a Scania fan either, although I’d take one before I took any American truck. I want my FH12 or my Renault Magnum here, if I could get one I’d become an owner operator right away.
I’m driving a Freightliner Columbia right now, and its OK, better than any Pete or KW, of the US trucks its the only acceptable one.
Hey, Colin, I’m going to Edinburgh on Friday, I’ll be gone for three weeks, so lets do curry when I get back, OK…■■

Stu

Chorcheela. www.truckpaper.com is where I “shop” …is that where you saw that truck for sale?

You’re not kidding about the tiny cabs !!!

i have looked on that site a few times and your right there is hundreds on there and some real smart ones for a bargain price some have a lot of mileage on them but if you ever fancy showing one you would get a smart truck for not a lot of money,i looked into shipping one over and it costs about £2.500 to £3.000.

Thats not bad money to ship really. I’m honestly considering bringing one the other way :confused:

Trubrit:
Thats not bad money to ship really. I’m honestly considering bringing one the other way :confused:

you know who to ring for the shipping :wink: a 6.5m long truck would indeed be around £ 3000 uk to port hueneme ro-ro, just sent 3 and a tank on monday :smiley: