On the scrounge for a bit of tarpaulin/ curtain

Has anyone got a bit of old tarpaulin or curtain destined for the skip in the Rugby/ Coventry area that I can scrounge? I need a bit to cover my coal pile. Sometimes the pile is a bit bigger than this, but never more than a tonne but I’ll take a whole tarp/curtain if there’s a scrap one going because the other boaters will always have some. I can collect it locally. Ta.

Harry,
Might still be one in our container in Brum, I will look Monday and message you.

Thanks, appreciated!

Just go and find a curtain sider parked up in a lay-by and cut yourself a nice piece out, then some boss somewhere will learn he’s better off paying for parking or planning a day better so Driver’s are able to reach parking areas.

And yes…before I put my tin hat to dodge the bullets…THAT IS JUST A JOKE!!

I was expecting to see a Dirty mountain that someone with a tipper had dumped,thats nice enough to have in your living room Harry.

hutpik:
I was expecting to see a Dirty mountain that someone with a tipper had dumped,thats nice enough to have in your living room Harry.

He’ll have to make sure it goes down the middle otherwise he’ll roll out of bed.

Someone on here ought to be able to hook you up with a collapsible plastic pallet box with a lid that would be an ideal mobile coal bunker.

theres plenty on the road side , just tip the sand out. :sunglasses:

Own Account Driver:
Someone on here ought to be able to hook you up with a collapsible plastic pallet box with a lid that would be an ideal mobile coal bunker.

An old IBC would do a similar job
I’ve even seen IBC’s turned into mini hot tubs

I have an old curtain in the yard. Located at LU7 if that is any use to you Harry? It’s a bit grubby but I Guess it would do the job.

If you have a marquee firm locally to you, ask them. The covers are generally the same material as curtainsides, except it’s fire retardant so nice H&S angle there :laughing: . Most people renew fairly regularly and it’s a PITA to get rid of. Mostly the only problem is discolouration or rips at the edges. Got loads here but North Wales is not much use to you is it.

Sounds like one of these guys will sort you out Harry, but in any case, I needed a sheet to cover a foldy up table tennis table and I got one from Toolstation…(or B & Q)? very cheap about £6 does the job nicely. Plenty big enough for your job.

cheekymonkey:
Sounds like one of these guys will sort you out Harry, but in any case, I needed a sheet to cover a foldy up table tennis table and I got one from Toolstation…(or B & Q)? very cheap about £6 does the job nicely. Plenty big enough for your job.

Trouble with those thin sheets is that they deteriorate rapidly when exposed to sunlight and end up like rice paper. I assume that’s why Harry wants summat a bit more substantial.

Sidevalve:

cheekymonkey:

Trouble with those thin sheets is that they deteriorate rapidly when exposed to sunlight and end up like rice paper. I assume that’s why Harry wants summat a bit more substantial.

Ah, you could be right SV. Its been ok since about May last year without deterioration, but I suppose it could fall to bits soon.