On my way to gaining my license

Hi guys,

So after 12 months getting myself and the good lady wife settled in the first year of Marriage :open_mouth: , I have finally taken the plunge to get my HGV license. Time to move out of the security hut and move onto the open road :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Passed my medical on Saturday , Sent my license application off (with medical ) on Monday. So now have about a two week window to get my Theory/Hazard perception revision going. Using Truk Warrington’s on line revision and up to now its really helped!

Wish me luck, I will try and keep you updated as much as I can. Most likely will come back and ask you good folk here some questions.

sinclair89 :smiley:

Good luck. Ask away with the questions. Always happy to help.

Yes good luck, maybe I’ll see you on the viaduct sometime, I’m lurking around there most days.

Thanks lads

Morning all,

Just thought i’d drop in and let you know how everything is getting on.

I have my Theory Test/Hazard Perception and Driver CPC Theory test all on the 19th of September. Couldn’t get time off in August :frowning: But it gives me just over a month to continue hammering the theory.

I can’t believe how much more stuff there is to learn by the way, i had an idea it would be a lot but for the first week or so i was like :open_mouth:

Another quick update!!

…Only went an passed me Theory, Hazard Perception and my CPC Theory today!!

Made up!! Just need to book some training time now.

Congratulations on passing your theory. When selecting a trainer, make sure you visit and see the trucks and facilities. Talk to the trainers if you can and then, if your’e happy, part with your hard earned. Avoid brokers at all costs.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well done mate, and good luck with the fun bit.

Cheers
Gareth

Thanks lads,

Peter, i’ve gone with TRUK Training in Bolton. Cant wait to finally get on the practical.

Gah…sinclair89 done goofed up!!!

I lost my license card last night…I have ordered a new one (at the lovely cost of £20 - Non refundable) 3-5 working days but we all know its usually 2-3 weeks. Spoke to the folks down at TRUCKtraining they said they can move the CPC test with out any problems …jsut gonna have to pay for a retest in the event the license doesn’t come…

activates flame shield

Started my training today!!

What an experience that was!! drove from 8-ish am till midday! Managed to ‘get’ the gear going up and down the ranges and what not but far from the finished article. Tend to still hug the left hand side of the road rather than the right hand side…again this will come in time. Time to rest my neck.

Can’t wait to get in again tomorrow.

Update on the license, if I don’t have it tomorrow we can cancel and save my test cost’s and training hour’s cost for another day woop!!