on its knees

just a sad note really an old boy a few months from retirement,dropped a trailer on its knees today, 2 shunters couldnt wait to get over there for the linching apparently like armed guards…needless to say the old boy looks certain to lose his job, just goes to show after trucking over 30 years we are all still human and no matter how many rules and regs they bring in we are all prone to mistakes.
and i also tore my first curtain today and i too was surrounded by jobs worth shunters, but they forgot that i didnt give a toss it was a error which i had already reported but they thought they were gonna gain sum browny points off me …unlucky boys better luck next time with your ■■■ licking ways, promotion should be earned not through the cost of other mens jobs.

anyways i felt for the old guy , i bet there have been a few men on here that could tell us a story of there mistakes and accidents?

Last time I saw a trailer dropped on its knees - it was the shunter wot dunnit. He didn’t have air suspension either so I went and lifted it for him… Never know when you might need a favour.

He can’t be sakked just for that if his record is clean anyway.

Mistakes happen and any one who says she/he has
not made one , will some time in the future make one,
To gloat over some ones mistake is normal Human
practise, but that old Guy can probably do his Job
better than most , where he works, Let us hope that
his employers know what a good worker they have and
except, that , if you see him Dustylfc,give him ,all our
regards please, By the way these parasites of human
mistakes should be wary as the mills of God turn slowly
but grind very very finely

dustylfc:
just a sad note really an old boy a few months from retirement,dropped a trailer on its knees today

Been there, done, that.

Coffeeholic:

dustylfc:
just a sad note really an old boy a few months from retirement,dropped a trailer on its knees today

Been there, done, that.

I’ve done it quite a few times. All when I was a shunter :stuck_out_tongue:

dustylfc:
2 shunters couldnt wait to get over there for the linching

Karma’ll get 'em eventually

arronls:

Coffeeholic:

dustylfc:

Been there, done, that.

dustylfc:

I did it 2 weeks into my new job. :blush:
I’m still there. :smiley:

Dunno then?:

arronls:

Coffeeholic:

dustylfc:

Been there, done, that.

dustylfc:

I did it 2 weeks into my new job. :blush:
I’m still there. :smiley:

Happens to the best of folk :wink:

See one dropped at the entrance to Loadtecs place in Hull on Thurs morning.

I reckon if every driver that did it posted on here then it would be a daily occurance. Stuff goes wrong.

dustylfc:

Absolutely! Tossers!

now if id been the old geezer and had seen the shunters approaching

i would have went over to them and said

see thats how not too do it

dustylfc:
just a sad note really an old boy a few months from retirement,dropped a trailer on its knees today, 2 shunters couldnt wait to get over there for the linching apparently like armed guards…needless to say the old boy looks certain to lose his job, just goes to show after trucking over 30 years we are all still human and no matter how many rules and regs they bring in we are all prone to mistakes.
and i also tore my first curtain today and i too was surrounded by jobs worth shunters, but they forgot that i didnt give a toss it was a error which i had already reported but they thought they were gonna gain sum browny points off me …unlucky boys better luck next time with your ■■■ licking ways, promotion should be earned not through the cost of other mens jobs.

anyways i felt for the old guy , i bet there have been a few men on here that could tell us a story of there mistakes and accidents?

are’nt you on for stobbies :question: :question: :question: i dropped a stobbies trailer on it knees at stobarts hams hall ( empty ) and the shunter came over and i was thinking " oh no been seen " but he couldnt have been more helpful and helped me wind it up before anybody saw. :wink:

once I noticed my drive ax susp was a tad high so when winding down the legs of a fully loaded trl I stopped the legs just short and planned on dumping the air. got chatting to another driver, completly forgot and pulled straight away. thing came down with a right bang lol. this sort of thing happens to us all, just some aren’t man enough to admit to it :wink:

Steve-o:
once I noticed my drive ax susp was a tad high so when winding down the legs of a fully loaded trl I stopped the legs just short and planned on dumping the air. got chatting to another driver, completly forgot and pulled straight away. thing came down with a right bang lol. this sort of thing happens to us all, just some aren’t man enough to admit to it :wink:

“It happens to us all” - sorry mate , i beg to differ.Yes we have all ■■■■■■ up in our time but dropping a trailer on its knees ?. . i must be special cos ive never done it . . . . .yet . :sunglasses:
Put the redline on when coupling up ONCE . . . then realise the handbrake isnt on :blush:
Why did i try jumping down from the catwalk , get in the cab to to apply the hand brake - now we must have all tried to do that instead of pulling the suzie back off !!

Suedehead:

Steve-o:

“It happens to us all” - sorry mate , i beg to differ.Yes we have all [zb] up in our time but dropping a trailer on its knees ?. . i must be special cos ive never done it . . . . .yet . :sunglasses:

saw this one happen not so long ago was fully loaded and took ages to get back right, have got better pics but dont want to incriminate anyone :sunglasses:
the pic was taken after a lot of effort winding the legs up :angry: :angry:

Santa:
Last time I saw a trailer dropped on its knees - it was the shunter wot dunnit. He didn’t have air suspension either so I went and lifted it for him… Never know when you might need a favour.

Unfortunately he can be sacked, it`s classed as gross negligence, it happened to one of ours, it was fullyloaded and cost over 6k to put right though. Then again, ■■■■ in your cab and our mob will sack you.

Never dropped one on it`s knees YET, but not so long ago pulled from underneath one with all the suzies still attached, was really embarresed cause was at a Scania dealers at the time.

Funny how when we drivers do something like that it’s nearly always classed as gross negligence but when office staff/tm/■■■■ up and costs a few bob to correct (rerouteing/forgetting major stuff) they just sweep it under the carpet and carry on or they blame us again. :angry: :angry: .
never will be a level playing field.
Hope he get off with just a warning.

dowahdiddyman:

Santa:

Unfortunately he can be sacked, it`s classed as gross negligence, it happened to one of ours, it was fullyloaded and cost over 6k to put right though. Then again, ■■■■ in your cab and our mob will sack you.

Never dropped one on it`s knees YET, but not so long ago pulled from underneath one with all the suzies still attached, was really embarresed cause was at a Scania dealers at the time.

The dreaded fitzzz sound then the bang on the back of the cab :laughing: - how long will they go before they snap ?

Suedehead:

dowahdiddyman:

Santa:

The dreaded fitzzz sound then the bang on the back of the cab :laughing: - how long will they go before they snap ?

Not bloody long enough.!

My dropping it on its knees incident happened many years ago. I was mid way through dropping a trailer and just about to wind the legs down when driver pulled into the yard and asked where the office was. I gave him the information he needed and carried on dropping the trailer, but forgot I was just about to wind the legs down, so that didn’t get done. Pulled out and BANG!. No biggie, crap happens. It was empty so wound the legs enough to get the unit under it with the air out of the drive axle and then a combination of winding and moving back and raising the air got it looking how it should look. From then on if I got interrupted while coupling or uncoupling I started over. If that’s the worst thing that ever happens as a driver I can live with that.

Coffeeholic:
My dropping it on its knees incident happened many years ago. I was mid way through dropping a trailer and just about to wind the legs down when driver pulled into the yard and asked where the office was. I gave him the information he needed and carried on dropping the trailer, but forgot I was just about to wind the legs down, so that didn’t get done. Pulled out and BANG!. No biggie, crap happens. It was empty so wound the legs enough to get the unit under it with the air out of the drive axle and then a combination of winding and moving back and raising the air got it looking how it should look. From then on if I got interrupted while coupling or uncoupling I started over. If that’s the worst thing that ever happens as a driver I can live with that.

Done it once myself just :blush: really,nowdays i carry forktrucks so if i have a decent one on i could lift it up easy peasy :smiley:
as you said if thats the worst thing that happens no worries :smiley: