OLYMPICS?

Whats your thoughts? 4000 Beemers for transporting hotshots,billions up in smoke for ego-mad sports celebs.The list is is endless & the price will double & treble in the next six months.
You can see what my thoughts are -bitter!

They should get with the programme, use the Boris bikes.As the distances are not that far the time difference wont be that much.

UK Climate ( rain) change will put the brakes on the bikes.

The Chinese deligation ain’t happy with beemers they are supplying there own mercs.
I was pro Olympics as it kept me in work when the credit cruch took hold but me or anyone I know never got tickets and they are basically shutting my home town for three months and I think it could put a lot of haulage firms under.
But as its Britain shouldnt we use jags as they are made here.

BMW are one of the main sponsors btw

Another Tony Blair invented waste of money.

But I suppose its better than spending it on another war.

It wont lead to the UK getting any more business because sports people do not create wealth, they just siphon off other peoples wealth.

Not many sports people have gone on to set up real money earning job creating businesses.

The whole thing was just a politicians ego trip. At our expense of course.

The money wasted on the Olympics would have been better used to fund apprentiships for the unemployed youngsters of Britain.

LandyLad:
Another Tony Blair invented waste of money.

Errrr, I think you’ll find the Greeks invented the Olympics.

Do you mean the Ancient Greeks?

No they couldn’t have.

Nobody ever did or invented anything before the great Tony Blair arrived at No. 10.

He was sent from above to save us all from ourselves.

If, (and I am not admitting anything here) the Ancient Greeks did invent the Olympics, then they didn’t invent it properly enough and Mr. Blair re-invented (re-structured) it better anyway.

You’ll be telling me next that they named the games after a mountain in Greece or something. Actually the games were named after a camera that was in existence in the 1980s. But as it wasn’t invented by Mr. Blair, it didnt last very long.

And I bet you think they named that long running race thing after a chocolate bar - ha I dont think so!

If it was left to the Greeks, the Olympics would be paid for by the Germans!

:wink:

I think you’ll find Olympus cameras still are around :wink: My Olympus PEN is the best camera I’ve ever owned by miles!

irespective off good /bad , everything involved has generated serious big bucks 4 the country ,no doubt bout that .having in the past lived/and worked in greater london and LOVED it !! (in fact , returning next month , yipee !), yes , london infrastructure is gonna be groaning like ell , but they will , as they always do , get on with it ! everyone should by law have 2 spend 3 years living / working there, one hell of an eye opener .(counts days left on calender till i can return)

I have spent about 3 days in London,I much prefer being up here among the Hills and Moors.

I have spent about 3 days in London,I much prefer being up here among the Hills and Moors.

I thought the Moors were kicked out of Spain in the middle ages?

Did they come over here after that?

Never been to Bradford?

Whisper - be careful anyone could be listening - :smiley:

I would have gone to Bradford but the Bureau de Change was closed .I could not get any Rupees.