oLicense + new unit

Got 8 new units start of December - only 2 units have the oLicense in the windscreen waiting on the rest apparently, dont know what the hold up is :confused: Waited a few weeks for the plate aswell had a photocopy for the first 2 weeks until the original turned up.

So am i running illegal without a olicense disk even though the company has a olicense. I pretty sure you cant run a car without a tax disk even if it is taxed.

Only reason i ask is a vosa man was giving me the eye the other day but he must have seen the 59 reg and decided not to pull me in. I dont want to get a fine for something so stupid.

Any info thanks :smiley:

as long as your company has notified VOSA of the change of unit registration nu,mbers, and they are showing on the database, then if you get tugged, you will be fine.

i bought a unit about 3 years ago, got tugged coming off the M1 onto the M69, they entered the registration number into their computer and it showed up as on my O Licence

merc0447:
I pretty sure you cant run a car without a tax disk even if it is taxed.

There is an offence of failure to display, even when it’s taxed, although whether it’s enforced nowadays is a different matter. The reason I mentioned it is I’m not aware ‘failure to display’ exists in the case of O licences as something the driver can be charged with.

Hi,

It used to be 28days before you need apply for a vehicle change on an o licence, this was to accomodate temporary replacements for vehicles off the road. So in theory you have 28 days plus however long it takes them to process the change. I stand to be corrected but this is what I was lead to believe.

Provided there was capacity on the O Licence for these vehicles, if they were extra rather than replacements, and provided the discs have been applied for, it’s gone beyond the time limit to specify the vehicles on the licence, then you are okay while waiting for the discs to arrive.

The fact two have discs and the other six don’t may be a little worrying, was there only spare capacity on the licence for those two?