O'leary transport/co-wexford

Can anyone tel me if this company has changed its ways i.e treating drivers like pigs or have they seen the light cheers chaps :confused:

Every weekend with out fail 10-15 of nolans finest parked up in liverpool waiting for the ferry. All Taliban!

So what about o’learys i no nolans r ■■■■■

To be honest, most Irish firms hire Taliban. So you’ll be lucky to find a decent company in Ireland to work for.

Any ideas :slight_smile:

Two Irish firms I know who aren’t terrible are Virginia and O’Rielly Transport, others I’ve not seen much of.

Thanks mate :laughing:

FH Hammy:
To be honest, most Irish firms hire Taliban. So you’ll be lucky to find a decent company in Ireland to work for.

Bit of a sweeping statement that take it you have rang round every Irish haulier asking him what percentage of eastern Europeans he is employing and what the wages are. Just for the record there are no eastern Europeans where I work and my wages are well above the Irish average so that is one haulier you won’t have to ring.

FH Hammy:
So you’ll be lucky to find a decent company in Ireland to work for.

Sorry but thats rubbish! There are loads, Dixon, Maguire, Caffery, Tierney, Virginia etc etc. If anything its easier to find a decent job with a decent company where you are treated like a human and not a number than it is in the UK imo. Do you yourself have experience of working for Irish companies or are you just taking the usual Trucknet view?

Oh & no, O’Leary hasn’t changed much. Give a wide berth unless needing experience

Is this Luke Vernon or r u using his photo if its u Luke maybe u could help me out ie best company’s and who’s looking cheers for your post

switchlogic:

FH Hammy:

Sorry but thats rubbish! There are loads, Dixon, Maguire, Caffery, Tierney, Virginia etc etc. If anything its easier to find a decent job with a decent company where you are treated like a human and not a number than it is in the UK imo. Do you yourself have experience of working for Irish companies or are you just taking the usual Trucknet view?

Oh & no, O’Leary hasn’t changed much. Give a wide berth unless needing experience

is what drivers are good at. Sweeping statements.

jimmy will:
Is this Luke Vernon or r u using his photo if its u Luke maybe u could help me out ie best company’s and who’s looking cheers for your post

Those I just named have good reputations. No idea who’s looking though to be honest. Often you just have to ring round till you find a job. Just a warning though, if you’re British, a lot of Brits think working for an Irish company is all big fancy lorries and running round Europe. Its not always the case, although you might be lucky.

Thanks Mr Vernon ill keep trying ill get lucky one day keep the vids going take care mate :stuck_out_tongue:

if you down the new ross side of the world, nvd always hiring. big drop out rate with them but good experience if that what you after

switchlogic:

FH Hammy:

I’m going off seeing the amount of Irish registered lorries with funny nameplates in the windscreen and conversations with Irish drivers saying that their firm is hiring more Taliban and cutting the rest of their wages. I’m not disagreeing with you about finding firms in the UK to work for, probably is easier to work for an Irish or Scottish firm than a British one, especially with all these large firms monopolising the Industry.

What about Leatrans - Limerick? have seen them a quite lots in Europe - is that new firm or not?

Thanks mate all helps

switchlogic:

jimmy will:

Those I just named have good reputations. No idea who’s looking though to be honest. Often you just have to ring round till you find a job. Just a warning though, if you’re British, a lot of Brits think working for an Irish company is all big fancy lorries and running round Europe. Its not always the case, although you might be lucky.

You’re not wrong there, some of the ■■■■■ I’ve been given to drive is unbelievable, one unit was being used as a shunter a few days before I had to take it out and that’s been working away all week on the UK. I’ve heard Dixons are good to work for and some of the boys driving for Bradley’s up in Donegal have said a few good things too when I’ve spoken to them on the boat.

I’ve worked for McCulla up in Lisburn and they were a pretty good firm to work for. Wages weren’t bad and paid more than some firms in the south, the TM is a really decent fella, clean and tidy motors (you won’t get a blinged-up V8 Scania) and they run it all legit too.

Has anyone got any info on Leatrans as thinking of driving for them :smiley:

Leatrans based on Dock road in limerick ,not a bad company all good kit,from what I was told usually want you out for 4 /5 weeks .pay about the same as them all .