Oldest euro driver

got in to a disscution on the boat this week on who is the oldest driver going abroad at the moment.i dont know if tommy off general express is still driving at the moment but he must be in his mid seventy"s.can anyone beat that?.

I was down in Spain the week before last and saw a driver in an Irish truck filling up on the N1 near Vitoria, must have been mid/late 70’s and good on him for keeping going.

Ross.

Tony Bradfield is still doing spain in his own wagon, must be well into his 70’s

I would have thought after losing Maurice Gray then maybe Grandad Bernard Walmsley could be a contender.

P&O NSF every Sunday in time to play dominos for the Krefeld Arms on Monday evening :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I would have thought after losing Maurice Gray then maybe Grandad Bernard Walmsley could be a contender.

P&O NSF every Sunday in time to play dominos for the Krefeld Arms on Monday evening :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s the same Grandad Bernard we are on about ( works for a subbie for Neill and Brown), he is in ZB a lot on the Wednesday boat home.

He also always takes a couple of sausages home for his dog off the boat. How the dog has lasted this long does surprise me I can’t go near the things.

Can vouch that Tony Bradfield is in his mid 70’s. Spoke to him only on Friday, loading Kings Cross on his way to Morocco. Known Tony for about 18-20 yrs now, has driving in his blood. A VERY honest and kind person, live in same town as him (When he’s home).

Ben9:

Wheel Nut:

If it’s the same Grandad Bernard we are on about ( works for a subbie for Neill and Brown), he is in ZB a lot on the Wednesday boat home.

He also always takes a couple of sausages home for his dog off the boat. How the dog has lasted this long does surprise me I can’t go near the things.

That is Bernard. Not quite sure of his age but he has been doing Europe a hell of a lot of years now. I know he retired and came back to work