Older wagons still earning their corn

Seems to be plenty of ERF’s still doing a bit

CC9EEE6E-AAFD-47D8-B0CF-B472028EC0E1.jpeg

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi Larry I saw your friend in his 8 wheeler Daf the M74 today by Gretna regards Dan .

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hi Larry I saw your friend in his 8 wheeler Daf the M74 today by Gretna regards Dan .

Hi Dan, He has just rang me to tell me, Thanks for flashing him, He is my best mate, His Dad was also my best mate, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

NMP (From Facebook)

One of Uggy Newport’s Sed Atkis in Launceston yesterday

robthedog:

Those later ERF’s seem totally up to date in appearance. A joy to drive esp with an Eaton Twinsplitter, once you got the hang of it!

short walk:

robthedog:

Those later ERF’s seem totally up to date in appearance. A joy to drive esp with an Eaton Twinsplitter, once you got the hang of it!

But sadly, those ECXs didn’t have Twin-Splitters, as the standard gearbox on those was the disappointing Eaton ‘S’-type synchro 'box. If anyone has ever heard of an ECX with a Twin-Splitter I’d be interested to hear about it! Incidentally, Turners imported a Spanish LHD ECX Olympic, changed it to RHD and fitted it with a one-off 13-sp Fuller.

DBBBD3FF-C56D-4631-9F29-10F0D4A09D83.jpeg

ERF-NGC-European:

short walk:

robthedog:

But sadly, those ECXs didn’t have Twin-Splitters, as the standard gearbox on those was the disappointing Eaton ‘S’-type synchro 'box. If anyone has ever heard of an ECX with a Twin-Splitter I’d be interested to hear about it! Incidentally, Turners imported a Spanish LHD ECX Olympic, changed it to RHD and fitted it with a one-off 13-sp Fuller.

Nmp this one has Tso fitted by the owner and it’s the biggest model in the range the 16 series I think .

A couple of weeks ago I saw for the second time an early chrome grill F88 240 which would be 1973ish with a timber trailer, it was around Moreton-in-the-Marsh area, wish I wasn’t driving and could have taken a picture, it bought back fond memories.
Steve

Birdie4x4:
A couple of weeks ago I saw for the second time an early chrome grill F88 240 which would be 1973ish with a timber trailer, it was around Moreton-in-the-Marsh area, wish I wasn’t driving and could have taken a picture, it bought back fond memories.
Steve

Probably this one Steve. As far as I know it’s still working. I took this picture at Gaydon.

DSCF4369.JPG

B7289ABF-DA7A-43B9-936E-15FEB19E588B.jpeg
On a job today with my mate Geoff in his FH16/600.

ERF-NGC-European:

Birdie4x4:
Steve

Probably this one Steve. As far as I know it’s still working. I took this picture at Gaydon.

As R E M say thats me in the corner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lance Biscomb:

ERF-NGC-European:

Birdie4x4:
Steve

As R E M say thats me in the corner :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m down that way quite regular, i’ll be looking out every time now, I drove an early chrome grill F88 back in the 70s.
Steve

ERF-NGC-European:

Birdie4x4:
Steve

Yep that’s the one, my wife wondered what all the fuss was about when I saw it coming towards us.
Steve

good to hear the F88 is still operating! :smiley: not seen it about for quite a while.
i spotted a couple of the JCB ERF’s out on the road last week,but sadly,they will be auctioning them off :frowning: (perhaps Punchy Dan will buy one and keep it operating?) :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
good to hear the F88 is still operating! :smiley: not seen it about for quite a while.
i spotted a couple of the JCB ERF’s out on the road last week,but sadly,they will be auctioning them off :frowning: (perhaps Punchy Dan will buy one and keep it operating?) :slight_smile:

Not for me due to this large Manchester Lez I’am weighing up my options :open_mouth:

Birdie4x4:
Steve

That will be Bob Carmichael

ERF-NGC-European:

short walk:

robthedog:

I’ve driven quite a few of those ECX’s and none had the Eaton T/S fitted

Had an 06 plate ERF bulker come past me this morning whilst out for a walk, green cab but no name anywhere that I could see.

Greece is full of 3 series Scania’s a testament to well built trucks

West London yesterday ULEZ ?