older drivers

was wondering or even being nosy what is the general aim when your to old for trucking do you return to uk or stay over the water…

I have plans for retirement, if they work out I’ll be staying in Canada, if not then I’ll be going somewhere hot and sunny, I have no plans to go back to the UK, I left for a reason and that hasn’t changed :wink:

We can have our British NI contributions transferred here, we also qualify for a State Pension here, so we’d be no worse of as pensioners over here anyway :wink:

Actually, once I eventually retire I will be better off staying here, I have checked and will still get some British pension according to them anyway, I also have what was my Fed Ex pension which I have never paid a penny into but keeps on growing, I will have my Foodliner pension plus social security, the house should be paid for and I can have a good rest.

Hi all.I don’t suppose i count as i’m only a ‘‘local’’ expat but where i live is very much like Canada so the same criteria apply.
I see no reason to move when i am retired.Icouldn’t find the same sort of ‘‘quality of life’’ by going back to Europe.Also the cost of living and re-locating when you are old is prohibitive.Where do you fit in anymore.I will get a few bob from the UK and a moderate pension from Holland,and a bit from here so i can have a good life.
lappland life 255.jpgand the view is free.

hopefully staying put in Manitoba ,if i last tae retirement .
Been offered my private pension all in at 60yr old,soooo lump it into my rsp when that comes…
bit pd at uk gov as thought i was ok at 30yrs paid in to state pension its up tae 35yrs now :unamused: ahh well.
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
hopefully staying put in Manitoba ,if i last tae retirement .
Been offered my private pension all in at 60yr old,soooo lump it into my rsp when that comes…
bit pd at uk gov as thought i was ok at 30yrs paid in to state pension its up tae 35yrs now :unamused: ahh well.
jimmy.

I was told be the Pension office in Newcastle that it had gone the other way and had come down from 35 yrs to 30 yrs , That was in 2008 when i came to Calgary ,does anyone out there know the score ■■?

30yrs is /was a full pension at the moment ,but now it has to be35yrs paid this comes in in 2017. just anounced.
well its changed the goalposts but at least its something.
jimmy.

but the good news might be for some of you with wives that had children and stopped at home to look after them “UK” wife will be credited with enough N I contributions for a full pension in their own right so it might seem that from 2017 if your woman retires after this date you could be on to a winner £140 per week it says…

JIMBO47:
30yrs is /was a full pension at the moment ,but now it has to be35yrs paid this comes in in 2017. just anounced.
jimmy.

So do i Qualify for a full pension or what I,ve got 34yrs in. I left the UK in 2007 and moved to Canada or do i need to call the pension office in Newcastle again, Advice please

go on dwp website go down to press releases then read 18/1/13 single tier pensions reform at the bottom of page editors comment you can open up the whole document … supposed to start april 2017…

JIMBO47:
jimmy.

I’d check that out if I was you, think it depends on your DOB.

DrivingMissDaisy:

JIMBO47:
jimmy.

I’d check that out if I was you, think it depends on your DOB.

Is any of this done on the date of your reaching 65 , When we left the UK the dwp said that it had been reduce to 30 yrs and within 5 yrs they have moved it back to 35 yrs at the time i was going to pay to make the difference, 7.34p a week but must be paid from a English Bank it was then that they told me it had change i think in July of 2007 as we were leaving in Oct 2007

aye ok…checked up wae DWP and i get a pension at age 66. as for yrs worked NI paid …30 or 35yrs …they would not give me a straight answer! :unamused: all to do wi gov future policy.
but even though i started work at 16 ,she was talking about class 1 ni payments from age 19. :open_mouth:
ah well i will see how she goes goes in a couple o yrs time.
jimmy

Jimbo47 good news for you then maybe.worst senario would be to buy another years NI contributions in one lump…

yup checked and allowed to make my 08-09 ni makeup contributions up till april 2015…etc etc.( allowed to make back payments 7yrs max).
ach near 13yrs to go.
jimmy.

This Is off-topic, but It seems like most people on here have a good Idea about It…

The British Pension…

I worked 12 years In the UK before moving back to Belgium( I guess somebody has to live there)…

I paid tax & NI at that time, so would I be able to claim some Pension In the UK when the time comes ■■

i am sure i read less than 10yrs paid in = 0 pension.
so 12yrs you get something.
jimmy

Thanks Jimmy for the Info…

Back on topic… as you were…