Old Warwickshire hauliers

Any one recall Jufreight International of Barford.
Had contracts with Potterton Boilers of Warwick, and Fairline Boats at Oundle.
Ran Scania 110/111s, one of which was a ex Bradys of Barrow, reg HEO ■■?, day cab with bunk in place of passenger seat.
One of the drivers was a woman, Elizabeth i think, another was a guy named Fred.
Anyone,anywhere got any pics, would really like to see them.

trucking482002:
Joe ,sorry don’t have any pics,but I do remember Hixons or was it Hicksons from Red Lane Coventry they did a lot of Courtaulds Work to N.Ireland ( I think bob hixon had some family connection to Courtaulds management) and I think the continent,I remember them being one of the first firms in Coventry to pay 1£ an hour,they had 88s and 1 Ergonomic AEC 4 wheeler and me being class hoping to get a step up .not to be ,“come back with your class 1 Driver”,they had a driver called George who only had one eye,he already had class one when they changed the law so he got to keep it,but he used to hit things ,caught him on his blind side they used to say.
I remember one of their lorries heading out on the coast road to Carrickfergus thro wee village of Glynn with one of those wee stone bridges covered in black ice,he hit the bridge and ripped the front axle off,the police came out to him,pulled up on the bridge ,the copper got out ,slipped on the ice and broke his leg.
regards Derek

A Bob Hickson motor I drove late 70’s

Does anyone remember A.D.Jones of Cubbington near Leamington Spa or R.Hickson of Coventry, i’d love to see some photo’s of the 88’s and Daf’s they used to run.

Joe ,sorry don’t have any pics,but I do remember Hixons or was it Hicksons from Red Lane Coventry they did a lot of Courtaulds Work to N.Ireland ( I think bob hixon had some family connection to Courtaulds management) and I think the continent,I remember them being one of the first firms in Coventry to pay 1£ an hour,they had 88s and 1 Ergonomic AEC 4 wheeler and me being class hoping to get a step up .not to be ,“come back with your class 1 Driver”,they had a driver called George who only had one eye,he already had class one when they changed the law so he got to keep it,but he used to hit things ,caught him on his blind side they used to say.
I remember one of their lorries heading out on the coast road to Carrickfergus thro wee village of Glynn with one of those wee stone bridges covered in black ice,he hit the bridge and ripped the front axle off,the police came out to him,pulled up on the bridge ,the copper got out ,slipped on the ice and broke his leg.
regards Derek

Derek, thanks for that, am i right in thinking bedworth haulage ended up doing the irsh work out of courtalds ?

Joe… it’s was A C Jones from Cubbington, I did abit for Tony, I think he went to OZ in the end, bit of a character.

There is another thread I started on here called Coventry Companies.

Do you remember Banbury Building on the Oxford Rd

or how about Howard Clayton-Wright from Wellesbourne

sorry, typing error, it was ‘A.C.’. Tony did go to OZ but sadly he passed away about 18 months ago, i never knew him personally but i do work with his brother. I do remember banbury buildings, as for Howard Clayton Wright i do remember the name but can’t quite remember the motors, did they run the blue & white Marathons ?

Sorry to hear about Tony, HCW as they were know had Blue DAF’s white lettering

Hi
Anyone remember Javelin Transport I think they operated from Wellesbourne Airfield, a guy called Ray shipped out Southampton -Le Havre a lot in the early eighties ran Mercs. Don’t know if they are still about !

Regards MaggieD

That’s one from the past, didn’t realise they went over the water though.